Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 706 to 718 of 718

Thread: Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

  1. #706
    International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lakemba, Sydney
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    Dont get me wrong....i enjoy watching the game cos its very exciting. But it is a slog a thon that means very little....the fact that zimbabwe won against australia and bangladesh progressed to super 8 highlights that it is not a good indication of a teams skill.

    Give me a break Typical Aussie reaction when you lose a game...... Twenty20 requires a different skillset....its not all about luck. Zimbabwe beat Australia because they played better not because they were lucky and likewise Bangladesh earned their right to be in the super 8's because they played better than the West Indies.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

    Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

  2. #707
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    I too don't agree with Vic_89, though its completly his own opinion but most of the Australians and Australian supporters (like myself) on CW completly agree that Zimbabwe played better cricket than Australia on that given day and they deserved to win, and same can be said about Bangladesh.
    Its a fact that T20 closes down the gap between a good side and a bad side but still for weaker teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh (with all due respect to both the teams) it takes a lot more than luck to beat team that are stronger than them.

  3. #708
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    Could someone please tell Mr Smith to stop crying like a baby about the format and to just admit that his team's failure to get 126 when the oppo donated 15 wides and were more interested in winning the game themselves than wether SA or NZ joined them just proves his team were not good enough to go through anyway. Until SA admit they can't hack it under pressure they'll keep choking....
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

  4. #709
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    Give yourself a giant uppercut you muppet...its a T20 mickey mouse tournament. Its amazing how some people will use this torurnament to prove how good their team is.

    Australia will OWN india
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    Its all good banter...there guys like him everywhere. I only found out about his post cos of a member here posting it on another forum...so i decided to come and pay a visit
    Hmm...... You called me a muppet and a belter, and you told me to give myself a giant uppercut. And you told me I'd be ripped apart on other cricket forums. Istl .

    Anyways, welcome to CW .


  5. #710
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    You guys needa thread to yourselves?

  6. #711
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Anyway great victory by India. SS, your job from now on is to write off India every time at the half-way point of the match, because whenever you do it, they generally win. Yet whenever you say something like "India can't lose from here" eg. India vs. South Africa 3rd test, then India bottle it and lose.
    Haha, that does seem to be right actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    South Africa are pathetic though. That's woeful.
    Yea, not only were they playing at home, they needed only 126 with a batting lineup that goes to nine or ten. And they needed just 6 runs an over in the last five overs with FIVE wickets still in hand, and they still messed it up. It makes no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    LOL @ Pakistan and India, who barely play the game, and are known for poor fielding, making the semis, whilst SA and England who play the game domestically don't. Its great.
    Yea, so much for 20/20 'specialists'.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  7. #712
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    A bit of banter can be tolerated here right?
    Banter is OK, but insulting other members is not. Your initial post against Turbinator was out of line.

  8. #713
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    South Africa's inability to score 126 is absolutely shocking.

    I am surprised no one has mentioned betting in the context of this. I am not alleging anything but surely their pathetic/virtually non existent efforts with the bat would have attracted some attention.

    India bowled as well as they were allowed to. If the Indian bowlers had been attacked I would have loved to see if they would have bowled with the 'control they appeared to show here.

  9. #714
    Cricket Spectator Vic_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin View Post
    Give me a break Typical Aussie reaction when you lose a game...... Twenty20 requires a different skillset....its not all about luck. Zimbabwe beat Australia because they played better not because they were lucky and likewise Bangladesh earned their right to be in the super 8's because they played better than the West Indies.
    Yes i agree 20/20 requires a different skill level...test match cricket is traditional cricket and i believe the more you shorten the game, the more it brings all the teams closer (in terms of ability to win). I just dont agree with 20/20 being the determining factor of how good a team is. Having said that whoever wins the tournament are rightfully 20/20 World champions.

    just my opinion but:

    test match > odi > 20/20

    lol....i support england btw

  10. #715
    Cricket Spectator Vic_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Banter is OK, but insulting other members is not. Your initial post against Turbinator was out of line.
    Oh ok..i'll tone it down.... just that some other places are a little lenient on that stuff, that is all.

  11. #716
    Cricket Spectator Vic_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Hmm...... You called me a muppet and a belter, and you told me to give myself a giant uppercut. And you told me I'd be ripped apart on other cricket forums. Istl .

    Anyways, welcome to CW .
    Just getting myself into the grrove...hope you didnt take to seriously

    lol 'muppet' and 'belter' are nothing compared to the words needed when dealing with aussies on other forums trust me

  12. #717
    Cricket Spectator Vic_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I too don't agree with Vic_89, though its completly his own opinion but most of the Australians and Australian supporters (like myself) on CW completly agree that Zimbabwe played better cricket than Australia on that given day and they deserved to win, and same can be said about Bangladesh.
    Its a fact that T20 closes down the gap between a good side and a bad side but still for weaker teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh (with all due respect to both the teams) it takes a lot more than luck to beat team that are stronger than them.
    yea I agree zimbabwe played better cricket on the day as did bangladesh...my point is the shorter the version of the game, the more likely a weaker team has of winning. Its been sort of proven over the years. I respect zimbabwe and bangladesh cos even though it is a shorter version they managed to win. im not a very big fan of 20/20 tbh.

  13. #718
    International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South India
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post




    Raghav, your sig should read "India saves NZ's rear"...



    joking, btw...
    Man! just changed the signature for you, Take time to read
    Supported Indian Cricket from 1992-2000 (till the match fixing scandal)

    Long Live Test Cricket

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. South Africa v Pakistan (ODI)
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-02-2007, 01:59 PM
  2. South Africa v Pakistan (Test)
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-01-2007, 06:30 AM
  3. South Africa v India (2020)
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-09-2006, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •