Cricket Player Manager
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    i am sure untill the 17 over of their innings smith nevet thought they where going out....

how much they needed 28 or 4 overs with 5 wickets in hand...
    if that not called choking wht is it then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah thats right, it was like they were playing for 126 runs and not for victory!!!
    *****Cricket Rules******

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO WHAT HUH WHAT TALK NOW, ANYONE WHO DOUBTED ME AND MY PREDICTIONS AND MY TEAM TALK NOW HUH I DARE YOU!!!

Man I was going insane, esp. when RP Singh clean bowled Pollock I went running around the house screaming at the top of my lungs. But seriously talk now all the critics who kept saying India would lose. And who the **** said India doesn't have good fielding with the youngsters in the team? Our fielding AND bowling AND batting was a million times better than RSA's. So talk now all you critics who doubted India!

AND BRING IT ON AUSTRALIA BRING IT ON, WE"LL WOOP YOU JUST LIKE WE WOOPED RSA TODAY!

And every NZL fan who wished India would lose, get down on your knees and thank us. We saved your asses! Our brilliance saved your asses.

CHAKKKK DEEE INDIAAAAA !

Give yourself a giant uppercut you muppet...its a T20 mickey mouse tournament. Its amazing how some people will use this torurnament to prove how good their team is.

Australia will OWN india

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    Give yourself a giant uppercut you muppet...its a T20 mickey mouse tournament. Its amazing how some people will use this torurnament to prove how good their team is.

Australia will OWN india
    Lol, whilst everything you said is right, just relax and don't come on CW being a wanker from the start. You generally have to turn into a wanker after a few months, that's the norm.

Anyway great victory by India. SS, your job from now on is to write off India every time at the half-way point of the match, because whenever you do it, they generally win. Yet whenever you say something like "India can't lose from here" eg. India vs. South Africa 3rd test, then India bottle it and lose.

South Africa are pathetic though. That's woeful.

LOL @ Pakistan and India, who barely play the game, and are known for poor fielding, making the semis, whilst SA and England who play the game domestically don't. Its great.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Lol, whilst everything you said is right, just relax and don't come on CW being a wanker from the start. You generally have to turn into a wanker after a few months, that's the norm.

Anyway great victory by India. SS, your job from now on is to write off India every time at the half-way point of the match, because whenever you do it, they generally win. Yet whenever you say something like "India can't lose from here" eg. India vs. South Africa 3rd test, then India bottle it and lose.

South Africa are pathetic though. That's woeful.

LOL @ Pakistan and India, who barely play the game, and are known for poor fielding, making the semis, whilst SA and England who play the game domestically don't. Its great.
    I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.

Btw looking forward to posting here more often...looks like a great place.

A bit of banter can be tolerated here right?

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.
    he is like that always......and we all are used to it unlike you

Welcome mate
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Captain

Australia will OWN india
    I initially hated the concept of twenty cup when i came to know about it, but now i find its still enjoyable. But i completely agree with you on the fact that this kind of format is not appropriate to judge the strength of the team, nor can a player's performance be taken too seriously.

Guys like Afridi can be more uselful than the likes of Yousuf and Dravid in this crazy format.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    It is interesting that for someone who seems to have been around forums before, that you can't check out a certain poster profile before deciding to diss him...

Anyways, we have crazily optimistic guys like him around here, but he is a good poster and a great forum member and we just let him have these moments once in a while, because, as you should know with India, these are indeed RARE.

Welcome to the forums and hope you have a great time here...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

How well did RP Singh bowl yesterday? I know it is Durban under lights and we all know how much it does but India were batting under lights too and managed to put up 153... RPS was simply outstanding... 4/13 off 4 bowling second when your team has only 150 odd on the board is simply top drawer stuff. Sreesanth came back well after one of the poorest first overs from an Indian (Zak comes close with his 2003 exploits) and Sharma, while never looked like being anything more than ordinary, managed to come off with decent figures. Irfan continues to impress in this tourney and Harbhajan came back well after a poor first over where I thought he paid the price for being one dimensional.. Putting your faster ones in at 97 ks every ball won't help you at all in Twenty20 and it is no secret than once he started mixing it up, with the odd ball in the 80 k region flighted up and the odd ball at 105 ks, then he was having more success.

And for those who are not sure why some of us here call Karthik the better keeper compared to Dhoni, just watch the stumping of Van Der Wath. Sure, Dhoni would probably have pulled it off too but just watch the way he rises with the ball and adjusts to the extra bounce that Bhajji got and collected it cleanly with his hands rising with the ball and then took off the bails in a flash. I am sure not many noted that but that was really top class keeping technique and I am happy he still had it after having not kept for so many weeks now....

India out fielding South AFrica... That's a first.

Raghav, your sig should read "India saves NZ's rear"...

joking, btw...
    Last edited by honestbharani; 21-09-2007 at 12:53 AM.

International 12th Man

Dhoni, the consistent

Much of the India line up has fired here - Gambhir, Sehwag, Uthappa, Rohit S, Yuvi of course.

But it's been Dhoni who takes the consistency crown. (Hope I dont jinx him). He's done
    33 / 31 balls. 24/20.10/8 not out, 45/33 so far.

Anybody else been more steady in WC 20/20?

Well done India.

Great stuff from India though i missed out on watching the game yesterday, i saw a bit of the highlights today and it was fanstastic on India's part not only to win the game but also knock the Proteas out the tournament.
    South Africa looked like the team to beat throughout this series but one bad game and they are out the tournament, now thats T20 for you!!
    Anyways South Africa shouldn't feel too bad even if they would have gone through to the semi's they would have choked, and that would have been even more embarrassing.

Australia vs India (have been a while since these two teams have clashed) just can't wait for the game, i have a feeling that its gonna be a great game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Well, Pakistan have had domestic Twenty20 for 3 years now. And in Pakistan, the international players usually play it - I think the only one who hasn't is Inzamam, and he's not here (while the internationals are usually rested in England's Twenty20).

I won't argue the fact that it's been dismal stuff by England though.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by PakPowered View Post
    I initially hated the concept of twenty cup when i came to know about it, but now i find its still enjoyable. But i completely agree with you on the fact that this kind of format is not appropriate to judge the strength of the team, nor can a player's performance be taken too seriously.

Guys like Afridi can be more uselful than the likes of Yousuf and Dravid in this crazy format.
    Dont get me wrong....i enjoy watching the game cos its very exciting. But it is a slog a thon that means very little....the fact that zimbabwe won against australia and bangladesh progressed to super 8 highlights that it is not a good indication of a teams skill.

Very entertaining...i enjoy watching afridi bat

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It is interesting that for someone who seems to have been around forums before, that you can't check out a certain poster profile before deciding to diss him...

Anyways, we have crazily optimistic guys like him around here, but he is a good poster and a great forum member and we just let him have these moments once in a while, because, as you should know with India, these are indeed RARE.

Welcome to the forums and hope you have a great time here...
    Its all good banter...there guys like him everywhere. I only found out about his post cos of a member here posting it on another forum...so i decided to come and pay a visit

Its all good banter...there guys like him everywhere. I only found out about his post cos of a member here posting it on another forum...so i decided to come and pay a visit
    well, hope you stick around.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread Information