• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

irfan

State Captain
Geez, good one England.

Not only have you majorly botched up your runchase, you pretty much screwed any chance India had of progressing to the next stage (I don't see us beating Aus)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly inexcusable to lose this game considering the start that we had in both innings and at least the defeat against South Africa you could in somehow acknowledge the opposition bowled well but New Zealand didn’t even bowl that good, aside from their captain. Just two moments of idiocy has cost us but fair play to New Zealand I guess, they recovered well and excelled against the medium pacers.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I thought the fightback from the NZ middle order was excellent, and was actually disappointed, esp. in Oram getting out straight after McMillan. If he got a few in middle England would have been chasing 180 plus easily.

Martin was dire. Don't pick him again please! Gillespie was good at the death. Showed mettle IMO. Bond finally came semi-good. Vettori was pure class.

Oram's bowling also seemed to being saying 'hit me, here I am, hit me!!' as the ball wobbled its way down the pitch. However, now I really fear for our chances if he has a broken finger. Hopefully, it's just dislocated. If it's broken again, dear oh dear, he must have worst luck than Cairns when it comes to injury.

Doubt he will play tomorrow against S.A. Thank goodness we won this game then. Without Oram, who do NZ bring in?? Vettori CANNOT bat above no.8. Might as well bring in another batsman. Not matter who we bowl apart from Vettori, they will almost certainly be smacked anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Usual mediocre tripe by New Zealand, usual unbelievable botch job from England.

How the hell can you score 4-3 off a penultimate over like that. Absolutely pathetic. Just give the trophy to Australia already.
Haha your bitterness is good to read. Always makes my day.

pup11

International Coach
How can England just keep on managing to lose from almost winning situations, i guess that would also require some special skill.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
India has to really beat england and south africa comprehensively to move to next round and the first step begins with teh victory over england tommorow

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Collingwood regrets visit to Cape Town strip club, 24 hours prior to the game against South Africa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7001070.stm

What the BBC haven’t reported is that Paul was apparently still at the club come three in the morning…
Is there something about being given the England captaincy that turns people plain stupid at the moment? Absolutely ridiculous defence from him as well:

You learn from these lessons and hopefully it won't happen again.
Anyone with half a brain cell would have a fair idea that going to a strip club the evening before playing a game for England was an incredibly idiotic thing to do. I actually thought Collingwood had a modicum of common sense, but clearly I was wrong. And way to leave yourself some wiggle room Paul - 'hopefully it won't happen again' - if I was Graveney I'd be telling him to make damn sure it doesn't happen again, otherwise he'd be out on his ear and suddenly without a central contract.

Honestly, stunts like Flintoff and Collingwood have pulled off this year are making England almost as much of a laughing stock as Shoaib Akhtar.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What does Luke Wright bring to the party? I've never seen him play, and am just going on stats, so bare that in mind.. But they look absolutely hideous.. Whats his claim to an England shirt?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Don't worry we'll take care of them :cool:. They might've beaten Australia, but if we make the Semis, you can kiss them goodbye... considering their beautiful WC record against us ;).
Should let the eggs hatch first .... dont you think :)