• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, if they hadn't dropped Morkel before he hit those mega 6s then I reckon we could have won, that and Snape going in ahead of Mascarehnas.

jammay123

State 12th Man
cant believe we lost that fielding so poor. if we held onto those catches we would have to have chased about 110. terribly poor. im fuming :mad: :mad:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
disappointing result, crucila selections have to made by England now if they want to get to the semi's. Firstly No need to pick two spinners given that it weakens England's batting, even if it may give the bowling attack depth.

Unfortunately no one be called up or replace him so Luke Wright probably will have to bat down the order for the remainder of the competition, it pretty obvious the step up of performing for Sussex in CC to international cricket is hindering him ATM.

Give Freddie the Ashes series tape to watch..

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Pollock, cheat!

There, I said it!
Well Pollock clearly ran across KP then. Bowler is allowed to stand his ground but not do that.
:@ KP ran into Pollock, down the middle of the pitch, what's more. Pollock had the decency to apologize even though it wasn't his fault. That was an excellent throw by Ntini, btw, that went unremarked and unnoticed because of the incident.

jammay123

State 12th Man
yeah but kp would have grounded his bat had pollock not removed it from his hands with his legs and rauf should have realised that

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Awta, but keep Sree in. Take out Agarkar.
Lok at India's losses over the last 5-6 years and you will find there is a 'brilliant' over or two bowled by Ajit Big-ears Agarkar for the opposition.:dry:

I think if India drop him midway in the tournament the opposition may start complaining of unfair treatment !

jot1

State Vice-Captain
yeah but kp would have grounded his bat had pollock not removed it from his hands with his legs and rauf should have realised that
:laugh: That doesn't make sense. His bat got entangled in Pollocks legs and fell out of his hand. KP was in the wrong place, not Pollock! How does that make Pollock a cheat? He is one of the nicest, most gentlemanly guys in cricket and has been for his whole career.

The_Bunny

State Regular
disappointing result, crucila selections have to made by England now if they want to get to the semi's. Firstly No need to pick two spinners given that it weakens England's batting, even if it may give the bowling attack depth.

Unfortunately no one be called up or replace him so Luke Wright probably will have to bat down the order for the remainder of the competition, it pretty obvious the step up of performing for Sussex in CC to international cricket is hindering him ATM.

Give Freddie the Ashes series tape to watch..
I cant belive they are opening with wright after how good he looked vs the Indian spinners O_o
I mean he murders some spinners lower down the order so lets open with him vs the pace bowlers:dry:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Or Yousuf Pathan. He has the reputation of being a big hitter.
yh...i wanna see him given a go TBH..lets see if he lives up to his reputation. Apparantly, he bowls leg spin as well....am i right? If so, we will have another spinning option.

FBU

International Debutant
England's fielding comfortability cost them the match, imo.
7.7 runs an over needed. A boundary and a few singles. Swing and misses instead of dropping the ball at the feet and running. 53 dot balls from 120. No the batting cost us the match.

pasag

RTDAS
7.7 runs an over needed. A boundary and a few singles. Swing and misses instead of dropping the ball at the feet and running. 53 dot balls from 120. No the batting cost us the match.
Although the batting clearly wasn't flash, if those chances were taken early on SA would have only made in the 120s/130s and the chase would have been much, much more manageable. The poor fielding let SA back in the game and the rest was history.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior been taken to hospital for x-rays on a thumb after an incident involving Moores throwdowns.

Could this be the best thing Moores has ever done for England? Yes. Yes it could.

Unfortunately it is Solanki that is on standby to take over the gloves.

pup11

International Coach
Hahaha... Long live Moores.. its undoubtedly the best thing Moores has ever done, i dare say Solanki would do a better job behind the stumps compared to Prior.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Can we fly someone out in place of MP? I hear Nixon! :D

EDIT: Matt Prior, not a member of parliament.