• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Well Pollock clearly ran across KP then. Bowler is allowed to stand his ground but not do that.
Pietersen was running straight down the middle of the pitch, which isn't allowed either. If he'd ran where he was supposed to and not dallied until Ntini got the throw in, it wouldn't have mattered where Pollock ran.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well, tbf to Snape, when you get two dropped catches off your over, then a six gets hit, not a lot you cand do about that.

The fielding was the only thing wrong in the SAfricans innings, I thought the bowling and captaincy was spot on. The three sixes off schofield came after a ridiculous kind of drop as well.
OK, as I said, I was relying on ceefax., and it sounds like I was being grossly unfair to Snape.

Predictable reply, mind. Prior just looks hopeless. Is there anyone else who can keep wicket for England?
Scaly to reply in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ....

pasag

RTDAS
Honestly, after watching England play for a whole winter, I can comfortably say I never want to watch Prior bat again, or keep for that matter. Shah is quality though, has 'it'.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL 3 posts in a row bashing Prior and he hits a 6.
He still looks like a tail-ender. Still I hope I'm eating my words at the end of the game.

Snapey to win this with an impro 30-odd not out, you heard it here first..........

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL why all the Prior bashing? I stopped watching after Collingwood was out. And then I come on here and see you people bashing Prior, so I think he's out, so I go back turn on the TV and see him hit a six :blink: . :unsure:

chalky

International Debutant
He still looks like a tail-ender. Still I hope I'm eating my words at the end of the game.

Snapey to win this with an impro 30-odd not out, you heard it here first..........
I agree on Prior it's a sad state of affairs when he gets in an England team for his alledged batting.

chalky

International Debutant
LOL why all the Prior bashing? I stopped watching after Collingwood was out. And then I come on here and see you people bashing Prior, so I think he's out, so I go back turn on the TV and see him hit a six :blink: . :unsure:
cos he's ****

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I think the English supporters need to keep bashing their players, that's the only way you'll get them to hit a six right after.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Don't worry bro, we can still do it :D. Have faith. I am more optimistic than usual because there are so many positives India can take from this game. In the end it was only a matter of 10-12 runs. Had something like Dhoni's run out not happened, outcome could very well have been different. Also, Sehwag looking in great form for this format of the game. His style is perfect for it. Make that quick 40-50, take the game away, and get out. So don't worry, I am sure a better performance will be put in against England and RSA.
good points....there are a lot of positives that can be taken frm the game! Im sure india will do well in the nxt games as well...as Turb said, keep the hope alive u indian fans!!! :)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honesty that innings by Prior was absolutely rank. He didn't middle a shot including the six, crappy outside edges, half-baked impro.

If he's an internatinal opener, I'm Brad ****ing Pitt:@

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Honesty that innings by Prior was absolutely rank. He didn't middle a shot including the six, crappy outside edges, half-baked impro.

If he's an internatinal opener, I'm Brad ****ing Pitt:@
So tell us, when you breaking up with Angelina?