• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asif injured in dressing room spat

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ban Shoaib. I don't care what the circumstances, he should not be able to get away with using a lethal object on a fellow teammate (or anyone else for that matter). Unless he was doing it in self-defense.

haroon510

International 12th Man
wow i just read the news... i mean comon they aren't kids.. they are grown up adults and they should know that these kind of actions have consiquances and gives a bad name to the nation but still they do that. lets hope asif is ok and i really wish to see both shoaib and asif play in 20/20 WC.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
man i dont know why all you guys take this pakistan cricket team and board so seriously.....stories like these just make me laugh now.....:laugh: .....i mean how can a idiot like shoaib be still playing is beyond me. anyway guys i am sure u have got some better things to do then waste time on this???

haroon510

International 12th Man
I don't wish to see Shoaib play ever again. I'm in agreement with Fusion, ban him unless it was self-defense.
it is pakistan's loss... shoaib is the most dangerous bowler right now.. his presence in the team puts alot of pressure in opposition team. pakistan needd a bowler like him .... the problem with akhter is that he lacks discipline.. if he gets his head in the game he is the most dangerous bowler to face

godofcricket

State 12th Man
it is pakistan's loss... shoaib is the most dangerous bowler right now.. his presence in the team puts alot of pressure in opposition team. pakistan needd a bowler like him .... the problem with akhter is that he lacks discipline.. if he gets his head in the game he is the most dangerous bowler to face
I cant understand why u care soo much about what he is able to do.....look at his **** behaviour first and think how u can have such a rat in a team.....believe me shoaib will never ever get disciplined the way PCB is handling him, he is just getting worse and worse everyday becuase he knows PCB is too scared to ban him or imply a severe punishment on him......if this story is true and the way i see this then i say give him a life ban right now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What about the pressure his presence puts on his team mates? How do you think Asif would feel playing in the same XI as him now?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I cant understand why u care soo much about what he is able to do.....look at his **** behaviour first and think how u can have such a rat in a team.....believe me shoaib will never ever get disciplined the way PCB is handling him, he is just getting worse and worse everyday becuase he knows PCB is too scared to ban him or imply a severe punishment on him......if this story is true and the way i see this then i say give him a life ban right now.
Good to have you back, the prediction league is missing you. :)

godofcricket

State 12th Man
What about the pressure his presence puts on his team mates? How do you think Asif would feel playing in the same XI as him now?
i think the PCB really needs to take a big decision on shoaib now or they will loose all the small little respect they are left with.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Just in time for South Africa v Pakistan at the beginning of October. ;)
yeah lets hope i am not put off from the pakistani team with similar stories like these....was sick with all the scandals and their performance during the world cup. Anyway i hope to be back with a bang as always :cool: ;)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always thought that Shoaib and Asif got on reasonably well, don't think there has been anything in the past to suggest that such hostilities were likely to occur, other than Shoaib's obvious temper problem. Can't really make a judgement at this stage, but it doesn't look good for Shoaib.

jammay123

State 12th Man
considiring this latest scandal surrounding this 'Cricket' team i wouldnt be suprised if shoaib somehow managed to keep his place in the side and will end up top wicket taker.

just another weird and intresting day for pakistani cricket.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
they should know that these kind of actions have consiquances and gives a bad name to the nation but still they do that.
Are those the only reasons you can think of for not doing what he(they) did ?

lets hope asif is ok and i really wish to see both shoaib and asif play in 20/20 WC.
Exactly whats wrong with so many fans in the subcontinent. Why should the establishments think differently. We just want to see the players to play and win matches for us, action against indiscipline and much worse be damned. Thats something you throw at other countries when they beat us on the field of play.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Ban Shoaib. I don't care what the circumstances.
Thats it. Period.

The rest of it viz. whether the object used was "lethal" or not and whether he was "doing it in self-defense" doesn't come into it.

Unless we understand the basic concept of what constitutes discipline and what is a violation of it and worse, we cant even begin to remove the scourge from our sports.