• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bosman, Bopara to miss World Cup

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Intriguing to see who replaces Loots. Bosman was a one of the seven needed racial targets but there has been talk that either Kallis or van Wyk may be selected for there isn’t many a decent coloured batsman knocking around, aside from Alviro Petersen, who has a fantastic record in 20/20 cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Intriguing to see who replaces Loots. Bosman was a one of the seven needed racial targets but there has been talk that either Kallis or van Wyk may be selected for there isn’t many a decent coloured batsman knocking around, aside from Alviro Petersen, who has a fantastic record in 20/20 cricket.
I was quite surprised that Morne van Wyk wasn't selected in the first place.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Oh, these South African cricketers...in this morning's Afrikaans paper (Die Burger) Bosman is quoted as saying, "he's tired of Mickey Arthur's lies" and that, as far as he's concerned, he's fit to play. Pretty silly of him, really. I haven't found a corresponding English article yet.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, these South African cricketers...in this morning's Afrikaans paper (Die Burger) Bosman is quoted as saying, "he's tired of Mickey Arthur's lies" and that, as far as he's concerned, he's fit to play. Pretty silly of him, really. I haven't found a corresponding English article yet.
Bosman should be more concerned with his injury than Mickey Arthur, because the team doctor was the one who suggested that Bosman be withdrawn from the squad. Back injuries are not something you should mess with.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bosman to face disciplinary hearing…

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/309676.html

Not the first time Loots has had a run-in with coach Arthur. Apparently the two fell out after the World Cup after Loots made comments in the media about his disappointment and lack of opportunities he had in the Caribbean.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised to see Nel selected but the bowling as Joubert Strydom said wasn’t too hot in Zimbabwe.

And in regard to racial targets and the selection of Andre Nel, Norman Arendse, president of CSA had to say...

“Quotas are set in stone while targets are something to strive for. The selectors have convinced me that there are logical and rational cricket reasons for opting for Nel. These included an examination of strike rates, economy rates, number of wickets taken and the like of the leading candidates.

Statistics confirm that Nel was our best bowler at CWC in the Caribbean earlier this year and assistant coach, Vinnie Barnes, who was in charge of the A side in Zimbabwe, has also indicated that Nel was the best bowler on that tour.”

pup11

International Coach
Is Mascarenhas a part of England's T20 squad, if not than after having seen the way he batted, bowled and fielded yesterday i would not think twice before replacing Bopara with him.