• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi 50 off 13

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Afridi has scored a half-century off just 13 deliveries in Pakistan's victory over Uganda in a Twenty20 match earlier today. Pakistan ended up scoring 226 for the loss of 3 wickets, with Salman Butt also contributing with a not out 74. Uganda were 78/7 at the close of their innings.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/kenya/engine/current/match/306986.html
Sensational Stuff! 20/20 fever already climbed to Afridi. He will be unstopable if he continues this type of a form.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sensational Stuff! 20/20 fever already climbed to Afridi. He will be unstopable if he continues this type of a form.
Well Afridi is the kind of player who either plays like this or is out for nothing.
Sounds like a great knock (but it was against Uganda).
Had to say it before someone else did.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yep, looking forward to teams like Uganda getting smashed by jokes like Afridi.

T20IBS ftw

Raghav

yh definitely!....makes u really excited about the WC doesnt it?
Yes Nishant! looks forward to see more of these kind of these performances. Just 70 minutes of play and watching quick 50 and 100's in quick time is really worth watching for Cricket fans all over the globe.

I think all the people irrespective the nation they support will keep an eye on this 20/20 blaster (Afridi) .

Athlai

Not Terrible
I told that they will keep an eye and that doesnt mean they support him. Keeping an eye means 'they will know how much he scored whenever Pakistan batted in the tournament '

:)
Fair enough statement really, personally any of their matches that I missed he'd be among the first I'd want to read his contribution on the scorecard. For good or no.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I told that they will keep an eye and that doesnt mean they support him. Keeping an eye means 'they will know how much he scored whenever Pakistan batted in the tournament '

:)
I won't be keeping an eye on his contributions more than any other player though.

Raghav

I won't be keeping an eye on his contributions more than any other player though.
ok mate. :) but there are many who does remember him for his hard hitting and follow his cricket. Creating this thread especially about him is such an example

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ok mate. :) but there are many who does remember him for his hard hitting and follow his cricket. Creating this thread especially about him is such an example
Many is different to all though, which is what your original statement said. I'm just being pedantic though so I'll give it a rest. :p

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Well it was an example of "rabbit killing" but 20/20 is the perfect game for Afridi IMO as there will never be a situation where he has to defend (sometimes even in ODIs you have just got to stay in and score singles) so he knows he can play freely and even if he whacks the ball straight up in the air (rarely happens I know:laugh: ) he won't get criticized for it.

jammay123

State 12th Man
hahahaha imran nazir got a first ball duck against uganda:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
he should never be allowed play cricket again