Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murali out of Twenty20 World Cup

Murali out of Twenty20 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It doesn't alter Sri Lanka's chances or fortunes at 20/20. Murali is pretty poor when it comes to batting and someone like Lokuaraatchchi who will replace him is a damn good slogger in the limited versions of the game and a very good Bat even in FC Cricket.

I don't think Murali's bowling would make a huge difference in 20/20 . That's just my personal opinion.

Murali is needed for SL tour of Australia which is IMHO the No.1 priority ATM.And everything else is insignificant. Thats my personal opinion.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    It doesn't alter Sri Lanka's chances or fortunes at 20/20. Murali is pretty poor when it comes to batting and someone like Lokuaraatchchi who will replace him is a damn good slogger in the limited versions of the game and a very good Bat even in FC Cricket.

I don't think Murali's bowling would make a huge difference in 20/20 . That's just my personal opinion.
    You don't think Murali's bowling would make much impact, despite the fact that he has one of the best Twenty20 records of any spinner in English Twenty20.

In eight games in all Twenty20 cricket, he has 17 wickets - over two a game - at an average of 9.17 and an economy rate of 5.37. They are almost unbelievably good stats. Murali would probably have been the first choice bowler for any side. Players like Lokuarachchi who can offer a bit with the bat won't have as much impact as you expect - Twenty20 games are largely won by the top 4, top 6 at a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    You don't think Murali's bowling would make much impact, despite the fact that he has one of the best Twenty20 records of any spinner in English Twenty20.

In eight games in all Twenty20 cricket, he has 17 wickets - over two a game - at an average of 9.17 and an economy rate of 5.37. They are almost unbelievably good stats. Murali would probably have been the first choice bowler for any side. Players like Lokuarachchi who can offer a bit with the bat won't have as much impact as you expect - Twenty20 games are largely won by the top 4, top 6 at a push.
    You probably have a point there.....But as a Sri Lankan I really want SL to remain focussed on the Australian Series. I really won't be bothered if SL don't even make it past the Group Stages....

Murali can now concentrate on the real stuff in Australia. Blessing in disguise.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post

Good job that his in the side for his bowling then... How anyone can suggest that Murali's loss is somehow Sri Lanka's gain in regard to this tournament is gone. His Sri Lanka’s best bowler and has shown (as Jumbo said) in English domestic 20/20 that his mightily affective.

His loss is an absolutely huge blow to Sri Lanka’s chances.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    I'd go further and say that if you were picking a world Twenty20 side from scratch, Murali would be my first pick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I'd go further and say that if you were picking a world Twenty20 side from scratch, Murali would be my first pick.
    Definately be one of the first names on the teamsheet, Sri Lankas chances have definately been dented.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Definately be one of the first names on the teamsheet, Sri Lankas chances have definately been dented.
    I am really not disappointed, but rather pleased that he will take the time off and come refreshed against the Aussies where SL really need him.

I am only hoping he is not going to use this to take an extended period off Cricket, under the excuse of "injury" to avoid going to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    My personal feeling is he should just sit out the 20/20 and come firing in Australia.

My biggest fear, he will play 20/20 and then (because he really doesn't want to go to Australia, in his own mind) find an injury excuse to not go to Australia.

The latest is Murali is definitely out of 20/20.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Murali can now concentrate on the real stuff in Australia. Blessing in disguise.
    Oh he is actually going to com thi tim is he. I thought he was still protesting about all of us who call out no ball in the middle of his bowling stride.

Second for mine, after Flintoff and before Ponting.
    But he would be a huge loss for any side, I know Aus could use him

If Sri Lanka make it to the last 4 -wouldn't be surprised if Murali's injury makes a miraculous recovery and he gets flown in to SA .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information