• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm Ups

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top bowling figures from Pollock, three overs one for nine and Sri Lanka surprisingly (with Jaya still in) have only managed 29 runs of six overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Andre Nel trying his best to get Sri Lanka back into the game, two overs for 28 whilst everyone else has gone at less than seven runs an over.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hussey switches up a few gears to make sure Australia get home, got out to Bond but Australia just need 2 runs off the last 11 balls.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aus home with ten balls to spare, great effort considering the start. Bond stands alone for New Zealand.

Scaly piscine

SA v SL looks like it'll be close. I know these are only warm-ups but they all look like relatively interesting games.

Bodes well for the tournament I think.

Scaly piscine

Hmm Cricinfo did their reshuffling act and now Nel has 55 off 3.5 overs...

Sri Lanka winning with 7 balls to spare.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm Cricinfo did their reshuffling act and now Nel has 55 off 3.5 overs...

Sri Lanka winning with 7 balls to spare.
Hard to think it could get worse for Nel. Although, I’m slightly confused to why Graeme Smith conspired to lose by bowling Nel for two more overs after the punishment he originally got. Pollock should have been bowled out, Ntini still had one in the bag as did Thandi. Really strange captaincy and Ponting did the same thing for Australia, in that Hilfenhaus wasn’t bowled out.
South Africa’s last five overs also cost them an extra twenty odd runs, Malinga proved too hard to hit but 180 was always the par score given the platform Smith had set.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Looking forward to this WC now. Interesting matches, the NZ Aus one could have went either way as they so often do, but Australia is just too good most of the time, Sri Lanka South Africa also hung on a thread for a little while, and TBH Nazimuddin has made me excited about watching Bangladeshs chances. Could be a cracker.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Awesome spell by Hilfy. And Lee didn't get smacked. Good signs.
It sounds like Lee was the one doing the smacking as he bounced Oram off his first ball face and knocked him down. (Raises queries about Oram's technique for evading Bouncers though).
Aussie's bowling sounds as if it was much more on the ball than the New Zealand Bowling Attack.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
McMillan and Taylor helped NZ to post a good score. Its a lot of improvement from them considering the kind of mediocre start they had. Good signs for NZ. Bond is back with venom. All the best Blackcaps!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to think it could get worse for Nel. Although, I’m slightly confused to why Graeme Smith conspired to lose by bowling Nel for two more overs after the punishment he originally got. Pollock should have been bowled out, Ntini still had one in the bag as did Thandi. Really strange captaincy and Ponting did the same thing for Australia, in that Hilfenhaus wasn’t bowled out.
South Africa’s last five overs also cost them an extra twenty odd runs, Malinga proved too hard to hit but 180 was always the par score given the platform Smith had set.
The strange thing is Sri Lanka played 14 or 15 players, ie 7 or 8 bowlers and seven others batting. While SA only played 12 players....

Perm

Some good performances from New Zealand, Bond and McMillan both had top games.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I note Gilchrist made a duck...Wonder if he will start putting Golf balls into Gloves again...:laugh: