• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm Ups

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh 145-5 after 20 overs.:unsure:

Tamim made 27 from 21, Nazimuddin 16 from 13, Aftab 23 from 22, Ashraful 13 from 23 (:huh:), Kapali 12 from 14. It took Mashrafe to hit 40 from 20 balls to keep them in the game.

Hopefully Mashrafe and Razzak will be no match for the Ugandans. Hopefully.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor showing from Bangladesh with the bat, Mashrafe really restored some pride after some woeful batting from Ashraful.

EDIT: Farhad doesn't start well with the ball, first delivery gone for 6.

Jungle Jumbo

Farhad? Cricinfo have Syed Rasel down as opening the bowling, along with Abdur Razzak. Would prefer Razzak trying to keep things bottled up in the middle overs TBH though.

Uganda 38-3 as I type, Joel Olwenyi is going well but I can't see them making much more than 100 here.

Perm

Farhad? Cricinfo have Syed Rasel down as opening the bowling, along with Abdur Razzak. Would prefer Razzak trying to keep things bottled up in the middle overs TBH though.

Uganda 38-3 as I type, Joel Olwenyi is going well but I can't see them making much more than 100 here.
Ah, they had Farhad Reza opening the bowling when I checked, but I see they've corrected that. Syed Rasel ends a very economic spell of 2/19 from 4 overs, excellent bowling. Razzak opening the bowling isn't a bad idea actually, most spinners can be milked for plenty of runs during the middle overs, so you may aswell use Razzak where he could be more effective at keeping the runs down.

Jungle Jumbo

Ah, they had Farhad Reza opening the bowling when I checked, but I see they've corrected that. Syed Rasel ends a very economic spell of 2/19 from 4 overs, excellent bowling. Razzak opening the bowling isn't a bad idea actually, most spinners can be milked for plenty of runs during the middle overs, so you may aswell use Razzak where he could be more effective at keeping the runs down.
But in the middle overs Razzak may be able to bowl his four overs at around a run a ball. In the first six, decent batsmen are going to be able to clear the infield fairly easily off him. The seamers however, will get put into the stands wherever they bowl, so Razzak needs to be treated carefully.

50-3 after 9.1.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mortaza's bowling in 20/20 competition worrying me. Rasel Dazel however - awesome.

Perm

But in the middle overs Razzak may be able to bowl his four overs at around a run a ball. In the first six, decent batsmen are going to be able to clear the infield fairly easily off him. The seamers however, will get put into the stands wherever they bowl, so Razzak needs to be treated carefully.

50-3 after 9.1.
Hmm, I suppose. Agree with you about the seamers, Syed Rasel looks as though he's the only decent prospect that can actual keep it tight.

Perm

Uganda 108/5 after 18 overs, not a chance of victory. Decent performance though, especially from skipper Joel Olwenyi. Once again it's been an uninspired effort from the Bangladeshi bowlers, Razzak and Rasel aside.

Perm

Fawad Alam is definately one to keep your eye on, rated pretty highly in Pakistan from what I can gather. I hope he gets a crack with the willow.