• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm Ups

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Just to prove how stupid England's schedule is we're playing an ODI v India on the 8th while other countries are in SA playing warm ups!:@

Athlai

Not Terrible
Afridi blitz 53 in 13 balls. 7 sixes, 2 fours, 5 sixes in one over, and a four.

Before this Pakistan didn't look as commanding as they probably should've been, is that a record for fastest fifty? In any form of professional cricket?

From what I gathered its the second fastest. There was a 12 ball fifty in a List A match, jeez.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
226 for 3, a great start to Pakistans campaign in this WC, Uganda were just overun by the likes of Salmun Butt and Afridi.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Uganda 24-3 in reply. They started well enoigh amd were 21 without loss after three, but I fear they might not make much more than 60 or 70 now. Umar Gul has two, both bowled, reportedly done for pace. Asif picks up the third after two fairly expensive overs to begin.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If it doesn't swing, they will be able to play it I reckon.
Not sure about that, Cricinfo's match report would indicate that Umar Gul (whose only fast medium) is a couple yards too quick for the Ugandans.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Afridi blitz 53 in 13 balls. 7 sixes, 2 fours, 5 sixes in one over, and a four.

Before this Pakistan didn't look as commanding as they probably should've been, is that a record for fastest fifty? In any form of professional cricket?

From what I gathered its the second fastest. There was a 12 ball fifty in a List A match, jeez.
If this game has 20/20 status then Afridi's fifty would be the quickest thus far - for I believe Imran Nazir currently has the record (in 20/20 cricket) for a 14 ball half a ton against Lahore.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I think it should have Twenty20 status, can't see why the ICC should be so careful about handing it out. Only makes the games more meaningful. Should be given International Twenty20 status, in fact.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it should have Twenty20 status, can't see why the ICC should be so careful about handing it out. Only makes the games more meaningful. Should be given International Twenty20 status, in fact.
Nah, not international. But definitely Twenty20 status, I think it's quite poor that it hasn't been given such status TBH.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe it hasn't been given status because Uganda do not have official twenty20 status.

Athlai

Not Terrible
A real match here, Bangers vs Kenya, finally we'll be able to see if these sides can keep the pace.

cricman

International 12th Man
All the matches but the Uganda Matches are gonna have Int 20/20 Status, Ijust checked Ashraful's Cricinfo Page and the stats from the Kenya game were included.

BTW: Bangladesh won by 5 wickets

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure about that, Cricinfo's match report would indicate that Umar Gul (whose only fast medium) is a couple yards too quick for the Ugandans.
Yes, that was said on cricinfo, I guess I was wrong. I shudder to think what would have happened if Shoaib Akhtar played and bowled full pace at them in the match.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I believe it hasn't been given status because Uganda do not have official twenty20 status.
When Uganda played Kenya in OD matches, those matches had List A status. So i would presume these matches have List A Twenty20 Status as well. Pretty sure they changed the rules last season so any Divison Three plus side has List A status for any matches against fellow Divison Three plus sides.