• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka name Twenty20 squad

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm Kulasekara gets replaced with Hasantha Fernando. Dire replacing dire i see. Muburak was always on the cards. Lokuarachchi and Gayan Wijekoon deserve a shot. Was kind of hoping MDK Perera got a runs and Prasad another go, even if it was in Nuwan Zoysa-ese role as lower order hitting. Been in some impressive batting form in England.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jehan Mubarak must have something on SLC… Doesn't he come from a well-to-do family?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jehan Mubarak must have something on SLC… Doesn't he come from a well-to-do family?
Thats stating the obvious, and thats too well known in Sri Lanka...and believe me he will play Test Cricket, World Cups for years and years to come...:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Was hoping that Sri Lanka would go with a lot of younger players like Warnapura, Perera, Kapugedera, and some of the A Team bowlers. But they have gone with the same old..

With Australian and England series on the horizon , those 2 should have been considered the priorities not this 20/20 cup.:ph34r:

I am not sure if our selectors have their head connected in the right way....:blink:

I really think this could have been an opportunity for the younger players.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
dear god. mubarak. i hate you. you are the most pathetic human being sri lanka has produced since one velupillai prabhakaran.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dear god. mubarak. i hate you. you are the most pathetic human being sri lanka has produced since one velupillai prabhakaran.
This is not a political forum, so keep it that way...because there are others who may want to bring hundreds of other names in too...ok.

Lostman

State Captain
Murali named in the squad?
Thought he didnt want to play, maybe the SLC is trying to keep him from going to the ICL for a short stint.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali named in the squad?
Thought he didnt want to play, maybe the SLC is trying to keep him from going to the ICL for a short stint.
SL Cricket have issued a tough message to any cricketer going to ICL. That's the end of their chances to represent Sri Lanka.

I am glad they have taken that approach.:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
In that case, I hope Murali goes to ICL.
Murali is a shrewd and calculating guy underneath all his smiley pleasantness...I am certain he is eyeing up 900 -1000 wickets before he finishes his test career and he would be keen not to miss the opportunity...I don't think he would do something for a few dollars short term...unless he got a few million .....even then I doubt he would do it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dilruwan Perera has been chosen to replace Muralitharan in the Sri Lankan squad.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully this pushes Muburak further down the picking order. Interesting they pick a batting all rounder to replace Murali. But i guess it is to do with tactics when you consider they have other bits and pieces all rounders in Hasantha Fernando and Gayan Wijekoon in the side.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Hopefully this pushes Muburak further down the picking order. Interesting they pick a batting all rounder to replace Murali. But i guess it is to do with tactics when you consider they have other bits and pieces all rounders in Hasantha Fernando and Gayan Wijekoon in the side.
Lets hope so but doubt it, Mubarak will get his name in the team somehow.

I would like to see wijekoon how he performes