• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thought Scotland bowled quite well and set off their chase well too. Then they seemed to have some kind of collective brain meltdown when the spinners came on and it was all over. Shame!

steplo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I thought Scotland bowled quite well and set off their chase well too. Then they seemed to have some kind of collective brain meltdown when the spinners came on and it was all over. Shame!

It is the Sottish mind set to try and hit it over the fence when they can't, they should concentrate on hitting it into the fence instead!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes.

It promised to be a much tighter match then it eventually turned out.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scotland did bloody well in this game, especially with their fielding and bowling. Some of the Pakistani batsman just looked clueless on how to score runs against the medium pacers. Disappointing that nobody put their hand up with the bat, Watts aside, for the Scots.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The Scots especially owned Salman Butt. I wouldn't mind seeing him open with Afridi. I think he could play better if he wasn't under as much pressure to score runs quickly.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Scots especially owned Salman Butt. I wouldn't mind seeing him open with Afridi. I think he could play better if he wasn't under as much pressure to score runs quickly.
Yeah, gotta get Afridi in as early as possible. He could win a game in 4 or 5 overs.

pup11

International Coach
Guys like Nazir, Malik and Hafeez can all strike the ball clean, but there is no doubt Afridi is Pakistan's most dangerous player in this format of the game, but Pakistan management thinks that in the absence of Razzaq there in nobody lower down the order who can finish the innings well and they have assigned Afridi that role, in that case i would like Akmal promoted in the batting order.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Guys like Nazir, Malik and Hafeez can all strike the ball clean, but there is no doubt Afridi is Pakistan's most dangerous player in this format of the game, but Pakistan management thinks that in the absence of Razzaq there in nobody lower down the order who can finish the innings well and they have assigned Afridi that role, in that case i would like Akmal promoted in the batting order.
But they dropped Razzaq anyway.

This is T20. IMO, it doesn't make a huge difference where you put Afridi in this format.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Scotland put the same effort in the field and with the ball as they did against Pakistan I can see much problems for India, maybe today Watts could have some company up the order.

Could be a cracker.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Scotland did bloody well in this game, especially with their fielding and bowling. Some of the Pakistani batsman just looked clueless on how to score runs against the medium pacers. Disappointing that nobody put their hand up with the bat, Watts aside, for the Scots.
If they had have played on the pitch that Zimbabwe/Aus did then I think they could have won it, at the very least it would have been an interesting match.

haroon510

International 12th Man
this would be a good squad

salman
nazir
younis
misbah ul haq
malik
kamran
afridi
fawad alam
yasir arafat
gul
asif

now if salman and nazir gave pakistan a good start ... then it is good to promote afridi to one down.

Nishant

International 12th Man
points shared!!!!! OMG....im havin' a dark feeling.....wot if india lose tomm by a large margin....we'll be out again!!! i can see it now; PAK: 176...IND: 95 ao..........:cry:

haroon510

International 12th Man
points shared!!!!! OMG....im havin' a dark feeling.....wot if india lose tomm by a large margin....we'll be out again!!! i can see it now; PAK: 176...IND: 95 ao..........:cry:
the 20/20 wc would be more fun to watch if india is gone lol just kiding...
for the sake of competitive cricket lets hope india beats pakistan tomarrow.. we don't wana deal with minnows again like the pervious world cup..
world cup 07 odi was boring mainly because of minnow teams... we don't wana turn this world cup as dire as the other one was.

jeevan

International 12th Man
India: 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Dinesh Karthik, 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 RP Singh, 11 Sreesanth.

When slow bowlers are doing well - why is India leaving out Chawla? He'd be a better pick than Gambhir, Karthik, Sreesanth or Agarkar. Batting with Sehwag+Uthappa+Yuvi+Dhoni+Pathan+one of Gambhir/Karthik will be quite OK. Pacers with RP+Irfan+one of Sreesanth/Agarkar may be worth risking too if Harbhajan+Chawla take 8 overs with Sehwag, Yuvi (not last over!) available as standby.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Comon Pakistan ! Please win by a big margin. Afridi is my trump player... he will smash indian bowlers for sure