• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The entire point of the pre-configured rankings was the ability to sell tickets to likely matches. So regardless of who won the India v Pakistan match, matches involving D1 would be Pakistan games and matches involving D2 would be India games unless Scotland did something remarkable. It's far easier to sell tickets to matches that way. The same thing was done at the ODI World Cup, but no-one went to the games so tickets were easy to get anyway. :p

Hence, in answer to your questions:

a) Scotland D1, India D2.
b) Pakistan D1, Scotland D2.
Amazing. Yet another example of ICC trying to be too clever by half.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Amazing. Yet another example of ICC trying to be too clever by half.
Yeah, they sold heaps of tickets for the Bangladesh v Ireland Super Eight match in the World Cup, but more than half the people who had bought tickets before the day of the match didn't show up, as the match was originally "supposed" to be India v Pakistan when most of the tickets were sold. I couldn't help but laugh when that happened.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be wary if I was India, I really think they're going to get slaughtered by Pakistan. They've got some very good Twenty20 batsmen in their ranks, a very intimidating lineup capable of destoying bowling attacks. Given the lack of practice for India, I think it could well be a disaster for them.
Comon Pakistan ! Please win by a big margin. Afridi is my trump player... he will smash indian bowlers for sure
Hahaha so unlucky for India. Now it would be so cool if Pakistan beat them by a huge margin and they can't go through. :laugh: :cool:
No way bro! Pakistan are da shiznit. We'll beat them Indian all the way back to New Delhi. LOLz.
I'd laugh my ass off if Bangladesh went through in the ODI WC and Scotland go through here. And India go home.

That would make my year.
One more wicket here c'mon !! I know Pak is gonna win this game now anyway, but I want them to knock out India so if they can get another wicket here, India will struggle to get even 100 which will be so easy to get in 15 overs or less.
:)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddy India's here to win this whole thing, not get knocked out, mark my words win this whole damn thing!

This is a new look India, you saw our superb fielding and running between the wickets, well we're here to win it, and win it all.

And I suggest you say this with me...

CHAK DE INDIA!
Btw, just had to point this out, I am so "gun" :cool: ! Post was made right after the bowl out against Pakistan.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
:)

Yes thats funny but if India had lost they would have been quoting your posts where you make outrageous claims as if Indians are supermen who can do no wrong.

This, reminding them of their silly bravado, would have looked better coming from one of those with a better personal record/attitude in these matters.

I share your joy and you are entitled to it but you do need reminding that you are exactly like those you are making fun of.

Have a great day of celeberations. :)