• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

pup11

International Coach
How badly would India have lose today to get knocked-out of this tournament, because i think they are trying their level-best to get knocked-out.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
How badly would India have lose today to get knocked-out of this tournament, because i think they are trying their level-best to get knocked-out.
"If India lose [today] such that their run-rate is more than 2.55 lesser than Pakistan's (by more than 51 runs if Pakistan score 160, or if Pakistan chase down India's 160 in 15 overs or lesser), they will be knocked out of the Super Eights stage of a World Cup for the second time in one year."

From Cricinfo.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
14/2 off 3, not disasterous, lets just hope these two can get to about 80 off 15 before getting both getting out so Dhoni and Pathan can accelerate at the end.

pup11

International Coach
Why did India select Sehwag for this tournament, hasn't he already had more than his fair share of chances, he keeps on getting out in same old ways and i think he is just a hopeless cricketer.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sehwag goes to a beautiful off cutter, this pitch is not a good one.
The pitch is fine.

In other news, Uthappa looks like a gun batsman. He has a reputation as a big hitting aggressive opener, but his technique looks very good as well when he doesn't play across the line completely (which I'm sure we could put down to the format). Looks like a great prospect for India.

pup11

International Coach
Indians are handling T20 like a kid who has been given a super-car to drive (but the problem is he doesn't know how to drive it).

I think Dhoni should have promoted himself to no.3.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Indians are handling T20 like a kid who has been given a super-car to drive (but the problem is he doesn't know how to drive it).
EDIT: Why hasn't Dhoni came to crease yet??
India would rather not be 4 down just yet.

pup11

International Coach
Malik is bowling Asif out, then who would do the bowling at the death for them.
EDIT: But that hardly matters because he is running through this Indian batting line-up.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
All right, is Asif officially the best young bowler in the world or is he the best young bowler in the world?

My avatar, which has recently mainly consisted of greats like McGrath, Lillee, Hadlee, Ambrose, Spofforth will now have Asif for a while.

He must know how much of an honor that is.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
All right, is Asif officially the best young bowler in the world or is he the best young bowler in the world?

My avatar, which has recently mainly consisted of greats like McGrath, Lillee, Hadlee, Ambrose, Spofforth will now have Asif for a while.

He must know how much of an honor that is.
India did not play bad shots to Asif, he just bowled extremely well...plaudits to him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd laugh my ass off if Bangladesh went through in the ODI WC and Scotland go through here. And India go home.

That would make my year.