Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GROUP C - New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Kenya

Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    Haha oh man. The ODI Series where England tied with Australia, Australia care. The one where they lose 2-1, suddenly no-one cares despite it being just days after the last one. Australia suddenly find their passion again for the CB Series finals and England win. Then, Australia go to New Zealand and find that they reall cbf playing the game and NZ beats them. Yeah, makes perfect sense. People only care about ODIs when England wins.
    Do you even remember the Ashes? If you did you'd know the second series was just pointless immediately after the first ODI series, it involved the same teams (minus Bangladesh) and it was the first games with the new stupid rules the ICC brought out, it made the games a bit experimental and also nobody really wanted to get injured just before the Ashes. It was pretty obvious if you remember as well I do that nobody really gave a toss about that second ODI series.

As for after the CB series Australia rested a few players (ie they didn't even travel) and again had just played NZ before. It was not much more than a series of glorified warm up games

Continue to be paranoid about me biased or whatever if you like, it's your right to be wrong.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Both teams were up for those tho, they were trying to score points ahead of the Ashes, letting the other team know they were there. The 2nd ODI series with the stupid supersub rules was a different story and by then everyone was just wanting the Ashes to start. The CB series final was important because it was a final against Australia in Australia (they hardly ever lose these) and because it was the last proper outing before the World Cup (against in the case of Australia they didn't care about a 2nd series shortly after with NZ, but NZers amusingly used it to say how great their team was as per usual).

Anyway this is about NZ not being good enough, I'm sure everyone will try and change the focus onto England but that's not the issue here.
    New Zealand are good enough. They have the ability and just need to learn how to win the big games. And they are learning all the time. Plus we have a hell of alot of young talent coming through which will create competition for places and will improve everyone.

Now we win, you lose. Give up, go home. Cry like a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    England>NZ in tests.
    NZ>England in ODI's.

There haven't been enough T/20 internationals played yet IMO to say one nation is dominant but I dare say if NZ and Eng were to play a 10 match T/20 series the results would be something like 7-3 in NZ's favour, IMO.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    New Zealand are good enough. They have the ability and just need to learn how to win the big games. And they are learning all the time. Plus we have a hell of alot of young talent coming through which will create competition for places and will improve everyone.
    Sounds like an awful lot of wishful thinking. Not raising their game for the big occasion is a trait, it's not something you learn to do particularly when you're an adult (you may learn it as you grow up, like a lot of Aussies do). I'll believe the 'hell a lot of the young talent' when I see it, NZers have a tendancy to massively over-rate new players and pin all their hopes on new blood - for instance Ross Taylor, who looks not much more than an average international batsman who can slog it around when the pitch is a road - but NZers will persist in saying how brilliant and classy he and numerous others are for the next 5-10 years while for some reason reserving all their hate for players like Franklin.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    How did England wind up in this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

but NZers will persist in saying how brilliant and classy he and numerous others are for the next 5-10 years while for some reason reserving all their hate for players like Franklin.
    Out of interest, do you rate Franklin? I mean, I know you don't really rate any NZ players but am interested to hear your thoughts regarding the worlds second best left arm seamer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Out of interest, do you rate Franklin? I mean, I know you don't really rate any NZ players but am interested to hear your thoughts regarding the worlds second best left arm seamer
    What about Sidebottom?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Will reserve my judgement for when he plays a few more tests + overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    If Kenya are to win even one game then a lot will rest on Thomas Odoyo's batting and bowling, however if anybody saw/ followed the Afro-Asia T20 match that preceded the ODI matches (the team had 4 Kenyans in it) though the batting folded rather easily the bowling attack did have the Asia XI under some pressure chasing a meager total up until Shoaib Malik came to the crease especially Nehemiah Odhiambo who picked up 2 wickets for 21 so in that sense all is not lost
    I will be cheering for Kenya against SL ....Come on Kenya....

Honestly, anyone who underestimates NZ knows zilt or hasn't followed Cricket enough, IMHO.

NZ are the clear second favourites IMHO after Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    How did England wind up in this ?
    Because of poster in this thread too obvious to be named....

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    As an ODI player he's very erratic, but he has a pretty good Test record (obviously his bowling average is skewed a bit by Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, but so is most peoples) - I remember him looking a bit better than the other NZ bowlers when he was called into NZ's side against England, he actually posed a threat which most NZ bowlers don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Honestly, anyone who underestimates NZ knows zilt or hasn't followed Cricket enough, IMHO.

NZ are the clear second favourites IMHO after Australia.
    What's zilt? You clearly haven't followed cricket enough, if you did you might have realised by now NZ are not a big occasion team, they play to the same flat level all the time - which means when teams take it easy or rest a few they win, when the other team is a full strength Australia or a team like SL raising their game for a tournament NZ are in big trouble. To state NZ are the clear second favourites is an utter joke.

Australia are obvious favourites. Sri Lanka are clearly a better bet. SA are a better bet. Pakistan are a better bet. The rest are more in NZ's ballpark.

What's zilt? You clearly haven't followed cricket enough, if you did you might have realised by now NZ are not a big occasion team, they play to the same flat level all the time - which means when teams take it easy or rest a few they win, when the other team is a full strength Australia or a team like SL raising their game for a tournament NZ are in big trouble. To state NZ are the clear second favourites is an utter joke.

Australia are obvious favourites. Sri Lanka are clearly a better bet. SA are a better bet. Pakistan are a better bet. The rest are more in NZ's ballpark.
    NZ have far better all round team and a much better record in 20/20 and have played more 20/20. SL are not second fav and that's coming from a Sri Lankan.period.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/i...cup/win-market

Better go put some money on the country that's never won or gotten close to winning anything really meaningful and has yet another mediocre team.

Good chance of them making the semi-finals, Not much chance of them winning.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information