• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

sideshowtim

Banned
I am starting to really worry for Australia.

Why Brad Hogg isn't there and four seamers are used I don't know. He is needed without Michael Clarke as well imo.

Sibanda looks like he is still playing for Strathfield against Macquarie Uni or Auburn.
The answer is quite simple, no one expected the pitch to be this slow or good for slow bowlers.

steplo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Clark will get hammered, Johnson is **** aswell, they should get symons to bowl some seamers

Julian87

State Captain
The answer is quite simple, no one expected the pitch to be this slow or good for slow bowlers.

When spin bowlers have been the most successful in twenty20 it seems dumb to me not to pick a bloke who is one of the best spinners in odis and also an excellent fieldsman and good lower order batsman.

Johnson or Clark ahead of Hogg is deplorable selection imo.

sideshowtim

Banned
When spin bowlers have been the most successful in twenty20 it seems dumb to me not to pick a bloke who is one of the best spinners in odis and also an excellent fieldsman and good lower order batsman.

Johnson or Clark ahead of Hogg is deplorable selection imo.
Yes, but Hogg got absolutely slaughtered in the warm-ups. Absolutely slaughtered. Something like 51 off his 3 overs in one match. I think you can see why his non-selection was justified.

PY

International Coach
I know that this is only a short amount of cricket we've had today but what have Australia been doing for the last few months?

Guess that's the advantage for the sides who are coming into the tournament directly after their domestic season.

steplo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hodge picked up some valuable wickets for Victoria last year in twenty20's, he lead them to the trophy in the end... he should be captain for this tourniment!