• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

The_Bunny

State Regular
AWTA.

Now I am just praying England beat Australia.
Now that is going to be a cracker of a match, Aus will come back hard, but as was mentioned they are very "rusty".
Also if England beat Zimbabwe then Aus will be playing to stay in the tournament.

And how much England win by tomorrow (if they win at all) becomes important, as this group could come down to net RR.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Hmmmmmmmmm, just the kinda situation Australia needed to get them fired up out of their early season rustiness. Although they may need England to get Zimbabwe straight mollywopped up in this joint..
Cant really see England getting "overturned":ph34r: Aus played badly up top, lost early wickets and it took them seemingly half the innings to see what was going on with the pitch, England having seen thiswill probably come out and flatten them... but stranger things have, and just did happen:laugh:

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sorry but who cares about Zim cricket?

Their best players have left because their homes and lives have been pillaged

Seriously, get grip
Why even bother posting, this is what Zimbabwe have been playing for, for the past 3 years.

They have to play through the most awful conditions and have taken some hammerings directly on the chest. This just proves what a new coach and proper outlook can give to the team.

People just need to read between the lines a little bit. These guys give there all every game, Australia thought they'd just waltz home and they really didnt.

I really hope it hits them hard, Zimbabwe should celebrate into the night, they totally deserve it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oi Dan, just a post to remind you not to forget to report the game amid all this excitement. :)

(It'll almost certainly be my only one in this thread)

Chubb

International Regular
Why even bother posting, this is what Zimbabwe have been playing for, for the past 3 years.

They have to play through the most awful conditions and have taken some hammerings directly on the chest. This just proves what a new coach and proper outlook can give to the team.

People just need to read between the lines a little bit. These guys give there all every game, Australia thought they'd just waltz home and they really didnt.

I really hope it hits them hard, Zimbabwe should celebrate into the night, they totally deserve it.
You were right when you told everybody not to underestimate them... Aussies played stupid cricket and deserved to lose, and we played awesome cricket and deserved to win.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Moments like today are why I love cricket. It built and built and built and built up, but you sort of never really belived that Zimbabwe were going to win until the ball hit the rope. The thought briefly entered your mind when Australia were 19/3, but you brushed it off. "It's Australia! There's no way they'll lose to Zimbabwe!" But they never really set off, and so Zimbabwe had a target that on the face of it wasn't that hard. But again, there seemed to be no way that the Zimbabwean lineup could hold off Lee, Clark, Bracken, Johnson et al. But they could. Somehow Brendon Taylor and his band of batsmen did. And Zimbabwe won. Against all the odds. And you never really realised it was happening.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Welcome to the new Australia.

I don't care what anyone says, I still have questions over Ponting's captaincy.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
What do you think of Australia's kits, I think they're OK, except the colour of the trousers is different to that of the top :detective

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Welcome to the new Australia.

I don't care what anyone says, I still have questions over Ponting's captaincy.
Your not alone, still post McGrath/Warne period will test him alot more than the post 2005 Ashes period which he passed with flying colurs. But it would be way if the mark to say that Ponting's captaincy costed Australia the game today. They just didn't bat well & as you will agree in 20/20 againts even the weakest of sides any slip up can cost you.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Everyone harps on about how well built Andrew Symonds is, but every single player in the RWC has bigger biceps than him. Jerry Collins has biceps that measure 2 feet in circumference.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, so damn embarrassing. On my birthday. Again. 2005 Ashes. 2007 Zimbabwe.

Bracken. Why? :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha. I deadset thought last night that we'd lose. Should've posted something.