• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP A -South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A - South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh

Schedule -

Tue 11 September 1st Match, Group A - South Africa v West Indies
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Thu 13 September 5th Match, Group A - Bangladesh v West Indies
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Sat 15 September 12th Match, Group A - South Africa v Bangladesh
Newlands, Cape Town

Wonder if Bangladesh will make it to next round , since only top 2 go to next stage ?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
WI most underrated team going into this IMO, SA favourites but I wouldn't be surprised if either team take the pool.

Bangers just don't have the batting IMO, but maybe if they can manage to chase a lowish total? 100-130 anything bigger and I would back the big sides.

cricman

International 12th Man
WI most underrated team going into this IMO, SA favourites but I wouldn't be surprised if either team take the pool.

Bangers just don't have the batting IMO, but maybe if they can manage to chase a lowish total? 100-130 anything bigger and I would back the big sides.
I think Wasim Akram said it best, A batsmen's mindset should be were gonna get 1 or 2 boundaries and singles for every over and you can build a challenging total in 20 overs. I don't know if the Bangladeshi Batsmen have that mindset but if they do I like their chances. Missing Rafique since he'd be most effective in this format taking advantage of anxious batsmen and he can hit a cricket ball too.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
20/20 is inpredictable, anything could happen. There is less of a gap between the good teams and the weak ones.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There isn't less of a gap, there's just less time so teams can sustain a very high or low level over that period of time.

Things like fielding - whether you hit or miss - become a lot more important as well. I think WI and SA should do relatively well.

I don't think spin bowling will be as effective as in domestic games.

Julian87

State Captain
I hope Gayle plays because imo, he could take the most wickets in the tournament. I think him, Afridi, Smith and Hogg will take a lot of wickets.

Perm

Urgh, first game at 4 in the morning. I'm glad I don't have an exam tomorrow.

Perm

Was going to be a teacher strike but it was called off, tragic TBH, wanted to see this.
PPTA strike definitely cancelled? Haven't heard anything but it doesn't really affect me because I'm on exam leave :p

Perm

Got the money actually. Terrible.
Bastards.

Anyway, predicting South Africa for a victory in the opener. Don't think the West Indies will be up to it, but if Gayle, Samuels or Chanderpaul get going then they could set a very imposing total. South Africa just the all-round better unit though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Could go either way for me, Powell was formidable against us, if he resembles that kind of form against anyone else he should be a problem. Turning into a real spearhead for the WI, with the decent Rampaul and Edwards the bowling is hardly the worst, depending on the kind of day the SA top order has this match could go down to the wire.

Perm

Could go either way for me, Powell was formidable against us, if he resembles that kind of form against anyone else he should be a problem. Turning into a real spearhead for the WI, with the decent Rampaul and Edwards the bowling is hardly the worst, depending on the kind of day the SA top order has this match could go down to the wire.
Edwards will be the key with the ball IMO, if he is on target early in the innigns then the South African top order will struggle to play him. However, if he's wayward then he'll leak runs quick and fast. Gayle and Samuels will have a big role to play with the ball aswell. First game all set up to be a cracker.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I must admit, as much as I generally don't enjoy watching 20/20, I'm quite looking forward to the game tonight, and the tournament as a whole. It's just been that long without cricket I'll watch anything.