• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ 30 Man Squad

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest I don't know why every team is naming a 30 man squad for a tournament that has no meaning to be fair, it'll be good to watch the top teams play each other but 30 man squads? Hmmm...I think a 14 man squad would be something like:
McCullum
Fulton
Vincent
Taylor
Styris
McMillan
Oram
Hopkins/Harris (depending which way the selectors want to go)
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
Gillespie
Mason/Adams (again depending upon which way the selectors go)
Patel

Natman20

International Debutant
To be honest I don't know why every team is naming a 30 man squad for a tournament that has no meaning to be fair, it'll be good to watch the top teams play each other but 30 man squads? Hmmm...I think a 14 man squad would be something like:
McCullum
Fulton
Vincent
Taylor
Styris
McMillan
Oram
Hopkins/Harris (depending which way the selectors want to go)
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
Gillespie
Mason/Adams (again depending upon which way the selectors go)
Patel
I think its right to treat it with world cup conditions by picking 30 players. It might sooner become the main world cup judging by closer games in T20 rather than ODIs and the length it takes to complete. Sure it doesn't show true talent in players but it would be nice for a change. I personally would rather watch a test but who knows I might get used to it depending on the world cup. Your 14 looks fairly balanced. It would be great to have a mix between oldies like Harris and the likes mixed with new younger guys. I just want to see Harris again! even if this is his fairwell.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be honest I don't know why every team is naming a 30 man squad for a tournament that has no meaning to be fair
I think it's an ICC regulation. It certainly is for the real WC, and given their obsession with treating this one with equal standing, I'd put my money on them enforcing it for this one as well.

Julian87

State Captain
I think Adams would be a perfect 20/20 candidate tbh. Bits and pieces cricketer. He could produce a vital wicket or a quickfire 20 or 30. Should be used in the middle order as a slogger imo.