• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia name 30-man WC squad

JBMAC

State Captain
Very weak looking line-up tbh
I think we'll agree to disagree on this one fiery.The final fifteen will include all the players from WC final in the windies with the exception of McGrath and Hilfenhaus,Noffke being pretty sure starters and posssibly Haddin to give Gilchrist a break.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Half these guys won't make the trip so it's very hard to make judgements based on who has been selected in the preliminary squad.

Fiery

Banned
I think we'll agree to disagree on this one fiery.The final fifteen will include all the players from WC final in the windies with the exception of McGrath and Hilfenhaus,Noffke being pretty sure starters and posssibly Haddin to give Gilchrist a break.
just kidding (or should I say "flaming") mate ;)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's pretty much who the 15 will be. It would be great if they surprised us and sent all the newbies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hope Watson doesn't play. I can see him being average and having his head called for in other forms as a result by the average Australian cricket fans in NSW who lay into him at every possible opportunity.

Last edited:

Perm

I hope Watson doesn't play. I can see him being average and having his head called for in other forms as a result by the average Australian cricket fans in NSW who lay into him at every possible opportunity.
Like Smith?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon Watson will go and open the batting.
He'd do well in that case. I think his bowling will get smashed though as it clearly doesn't suit the form at all, and it'll be used as ammunition by the casual-cricket-supporting public in NSW to whinge about his selection in the test (hopefully) and ODI teams.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
:laugh: Do you think that would give you Kiwis a chance then if that happened?:laugh:
TBH I'd rather NZ sent the A team with a couple of old hands. I see Twenty/20 as the perfect breeding ground to introduce new players before 'graduating'. Kind of like what Australia did with ODI's and debuting players.

Josh

International Regular
Yeh I'd be happy if they sent in the youngsters as well. I have a feeling some teams might.

Scaly piscine

TBH I'd rather NZ sent the A team with a couple of old hands. I see Twenty/20 as the perfect breeding ground to introduce new players before 'graduating'. Kind of like what Australia did with ODI's and debuting players.
Yea because Australia so often give 9 of their first team a rest so they can fill the team with A teamers...

It's a World Cup folks, this means far more than your average mickey mouse ODI.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
The only players you could really see being rested would be Gilchrist and maybe Hayden but I expect both would enjoy the novelty of playing in a 20/20 WC before they finish up.