• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia name 30-man WC squad

Julian87

State Captain
The only thing that I am impressed with abou the 20/20 wc is that not having fox won't be such of a disadvantage. I only have to spend about three hours (akin to an NRL game) at the pub watching my game of choice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The only thing that I am impressed with abou the 20/20 wc is that not having fox won't be such of a disadvantage. I only have to spend about three hours (akin to an NRL game) at the pub watching my game of choice.
That's something that has always baffled me. I know you love your sport, so without Fox you'd be at the pub a fair bit... wouldn't you spend just as much on petrol, drinks and over-priced snacks at the pub as you would on the most basic sports-included Foxtel package?

Julian87

State Captain
I was thinking bout that the other day, I probably would. But, I don't have a car in Sydney, I don't eat at the pub and schooners are cheap.

But tbh, I can't justify pay tv when I pay so much for broadband. I would only watch Fox sports anyway as on normal TV I pretty much only watch sport.

Summer is fine, but winter is a drag. Actually the one thing about summer that peeves me is the domestic one day comp being on pay tv these days.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, losing Tait could be a major blow to Australia's bowling attack here. Personally i was banking on him & Bracken to be Ponting's go to bowlers, Lee will have to step up since in this formant i don't trust none of Clark, Johnson or Hilfenhaus. But these Australia's have done some superb things over the last decade so i won't be surprised if someone stepped up in Tait's absence.

pup11

International Coach
Watson is injured again!!

Its weird that 3 Australian players (S.Clark,R.Ponting and S.Watson) have stayed back at home and rest of the team has left for South Africa, there is doubt whether any of these 3 players would be able to participate in the T20 WC.
Watson is injured yet again and though i like Watson frankly speaking its about time CA decides whether to select him in the future or not.

pup11

International Coach
Nice to hear that 3 of them would make it on time otherwise it would have been a huge blow to Australia's T20 campaign. Though i still have my doubts over Watson recovering in time because he isn't a swift healer and if he is sidelined i would like to see either White or D.Hussey take his place.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nice to hear that 3 of them would make it on time otherwise it would have been a huge blow to Australia's T20 campaign. Though i still have my doubts over Watson recovering in time because he isn't a swift healer and if he is sidelined i would like to see either White or D.Hussey take his place.
Watson will be fine. It's a minor injury.

howardj

International Coach
Like Stackpole said last summer, I think most times it's half psychological with Watson.

pup11

International Coach
Still the situation is unclear and it hasn't been decided when Ponting,Clark and Watson would join the rest of the squad in South Africa.
If at all a situation arises that all 3 of them are ruled out of the tournament, then who should replace them in your opinion?

pup11

International Coach
Still the situation is unclear and it hasn't been decided when Ponting,Clark and Watson would join the rest of the squad in South Africa.
If at all a situation arises that all 3 of them are ruled out of the tournament, then who should replace them in your opinion?
EDIT: I just learned that Clark would join the squad today but the situation is still not clear in case of Watson and Punter.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If both Ponting and Watson do not make it I'd assume Craig White would be first in line with Hopes to be the next cab off the rank.