• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 20-20 World Cup - Avatar Challenge Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yawn, surely you people have better things to do than arguing over some stupid avatar that has no real bearing on anything whatsoever?
It's more to do with staying true to your word and not trying to weasel out of a bet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's more to do with staying true to your word and not trying to weasel out of a bet.
Did you seriously think it was even a bet, really? Even if I had shown any interest - which was always less likely than Rob Cribb posting a picture of himself on OT - I was never, ever going to lose my avatar, because as I say - I never will.

It was far more a throwaway remark, and I probably should have known better than to think people would treat it as such, given what I've learned down the years. I'm hoping Kev is doing nothing more than ribbing me lightly - you, Ritchie, are going a bit OTT IMO.

Perm

Did you seriously think it was even a bet, really? Even if I had shown any interest - which was always less likely than Rob Cribb posting a picture of himself on OT - I was never, ever going to lose my avatar, because as I say - I never will.

It was far more a throwaway remark, and I probably should have known better than to think people would treat it as such, given what I've learned down the years. I'm hoping Kev is doing nothing more than ribbing me lightly - you, Ritchie, are going a bit OTT IMO.
If this is the case, then it's a throwaway comment that everybody could have done without. We all know you are no great fan of Twenty20 but to make a comment like that, and then not back it up, well it's almost cowardly and definitely shows you aren't a man of your word.

Also, please don't address me as Ritchie.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If this is the case, then it's a throwaway comment that everybody could have done without. We all know you are no great fan of Twenty20 but to make a comment like that, and then not back it up, well it's almost cowardly and definitely shows you aren't a man of your word.
It doesn't. My word was never there in the first place. Granted it's a throwaway comment everyone could have done without - FFS don't I wish I hadn't said it now - but the way people (mostly you TBH) have blown it up is really disappointing.
Also, please don't address me as Ritchie.
OK. You never used to mind. :mellow: Is it just a case of directly addressing you, or referencing too? (I want to get that straight)

Perm

It doesn't. My word was never there in the first place. Granted it's a throwaway comment everyone could have done without - FFS don't I wish I hadn't said it now - but the way people (mostly you TBH) have blown it up is really disappointing.

OK. You never used to mind. :mellow: Is it just a case of directly addressing you, or referencing too? (I want to get that straight)
It's disappointing that I like to see people go through with what they've said? Right.

I don't mind being referred to as Ritchie, but please don't address me directly as Ritchie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Making mountains out of mole hills TBH, wasn't really a challenge to begin with, he's also been sporting enough to change his avatar a little which is more than he really has to. Not like anyone else made the challenge to him.

Perm

Making mountains out of mole hills TBH, wasn't really a challenge to begin with, he's also been sporting enough to change his avatar a little which is more than he really has to. Not like anyone else made the challenge to him.
It was a challenge though.

Nevertheless, I can see that Richard will continue to deny this, so we may aswell move on.