• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Were the icc right to announce the twenty twenty world cup ?

Should there have been a twenty twenty world cup

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Young man, there's no need to feel down I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground....

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good for the game IMO, but I would've been much happier if it replaces the Champions Trophy.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Good for the game IMO, but I would've been much happier if it replaces the Champions Trophy.
The ideal situation would be to have the WC, 20/20 WC and the champions trophy...but with so much cricket going on these days...these tournaments are losing their effects. So, perhaps, it would be better for the 20/20 to replace th champions trophy...i mean 20/20 is fun and exciting after all!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ideal situation would be to have the WC, 20/20 WC and the champions trophy...but with so much cricket going on these days...these tournaments are losing their effects. So, perhaps, it would be better for the 20/20 to replace th champions trophy...i mean 20/20 is fun and exciting after all!
I can't see how that would be ideal, with the Twenty20 World Cup and Champions Trophy likely to be squished in where there isn't room. The way I see it we should get rid of the Champions Trophy and hold the Twenty20 World Cup in it's place, meaning we won't be increasing the amount of cricket.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I can't see how that would be ideal, with the Twenty20 World Cup and Champions Trophy likely to be squished in where there isn't room. The way I see it we should get rid of the Champions Trophy and hold the Twenty20 World Cup in it's place, meaning we won't be increasing the amount of cricket.
thats what i said...its NOT an ideal situation because of the huge amount of cricket being played these days!

cameeel

International Captain
What's the point of the Champions Trophy anyway? What does it bring to the international OD stage that the World Cup doesn't do better?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
$$$$$$$$$$
Correct - and as it is TV money who cares if the ground ain't full (as it wasn't for england v Australia in the last two CT). As for the 20/20 WC - yes we should have it but not this year(we've already had one WC I think that is enough for one year). The logical thing to do is to scrap the CT and have the 20/20 WC in the odd numbered year that does not stage a WC. So the first 20/20 WC should have been in SA in 2009 but that is FAR too sensible for the ICC. To stage the 2009 one in England is crazy IMO because of the Ashes - play it before the Ashes it will be seen as a warm up, play it after and it risks being an anti climax.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Personally, as a Twenty20 fan myself, then I'd like to have a look at it. I can't really see any reason why it shouldn't happen, except the problem of player burnout. It does seem rather unnessecery in a time of such clustered international activity.

CricketMan01

Cricket Spectator
Well there has been criticism as to whether the icc should have announced this world cup have your say.
Well i would have to say yes because it gives some other players who don't get so much chance a chance to shine and push there way into the ODI side. Like Panasar may not play in the twenty20 world cup and some think that might give Doshi (From Surrey) a chance to shine.