• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The little teams thread.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
your telling me!!!!
aww well at least theres the rugby to keep up intertained come september!!!
But id love to be watching ireland play against the best in the world again over short period!!

1-9-7-7

International Regular
How do you enter into the 20/20 world cup?
Sorry I saw the talk on Ireland not getting in and was wondering.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
im guessing the icc decided who but im not sure!
*wonders why no one has bothered to reply to this in a week...*

The qualification tournament was the World Cricket League in Kenya in January. Kenya and Scotland took the first two places and qualified.

Yes, it was a 50-over tournament to decide who qualified for a 20-over tournament. Economics trumping sporting considerations, I suppose.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
*wonders why no one has bothered to reply to this in a week...*

The qualification tournament was the World Cricket League in Kenya in January. Kenya and Scotland took the first two places and qualified.

Yes, it was a 50-over tournament to decide who qualified for a 20-over tournament. Economics trumping sporting considerations, I suppose.
The ICC are smart fellows.

Cheers for clearing that up.