• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20IBS Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For all us members to whinge and complain about how boring all the games are and how useless this tournament is. Figured it wouldn't be fair to discuss it in all the other threads while people tried to take it seriously, TBH.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good idea.

Probably won't post in here much myself though, not really planning to visit this forum terribly often, if at all.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While I respect the fact that this society has been created, I think it's unfair that they should be allowed to have a thread in a subforum about how boring said event is. The amount of people that would shout me down for creating a "Test Cricket is Boring Society" in the middle of the Ashes would be amazing (not that I beleive Test cricket is boring).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
While I respect the fact that this society has been created, I think it's unfair that they should be allowed to have a thread in a subforum about how boring said event is. The amount of people that would shout me down for creating a "Test Cricket is Boring Society" in the middle of the Ashes would be amazing (not that I beleive Test cricket is boring).
If you'd like, we'll just ruin all the serious discussion matches with talk of how boring they are in all the other threads...

I'm sure this thread will work out better for both parties.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah it's a good idea. Like Ed though, I doubt I'll be in this forum much, wish there was a way of deselecting forums from the 'new posts' function.

Anyway, dire format, joke of a World Cup. Hope it dies a quick death.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's a good idea. Like Ed though, I doubt I'll be in this forum much, wish there was a way of deselecting forums from the 'new posts' function.

Anyway, dire format, joke of a World Cup. Hope it dies a quick death.
Yeah, I don't think I'll use this forum much either. However, I'll probably watch a game or two when I'm bored and will hence want to whinge about how boring they are, so this thread will come in useful to me.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you'd like, we'll just ruin all the serious discussion matches with talk of how boring they are in all the other threads...

I'm sure this thread will work out better for both parties.
Or you could just not bother posting in the forum. I know which one I'd be doing if I disliked Twenty20.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't see the point of the thread, if you don't like Twenty20 just don't post in this fourm. Seems pointless to me.

_Ed_

But there are people (not me, this is probably close to my last post in this forum) who would otherwise annoy people who are interested in the tournament by moaning about Twenty20, it's inevitable. So it's better if the posts are all in one thread that people don't have to read if they don't want to.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This thread different from the threads you get during the Football World Cup, 'I Hate Soccer' But like most people who aren't into that sport they wont post on the fourm, after they make their stupid thread. If you don't like a sport or a form of a sport just grow up and don't post in that forum. Its not that hard really.

_Ed_

That would be the best thing to do, but rather than the Football World Cup I think a better example would be the Rugby Union World Cup...I think we'll have a few league fans making their opinions heard during that event, and unfortunately it will probably be the same in this tournament.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
But there are people (not me, this is probably close to my last post in this forum) who would otherwise annoy people who are interested in the tournament by moaning about Twenty20, it's inevitable. So it's better if the posts are all in one thread that people don't have to read if they don't want to.
Yeah, I just don't understand why someone would feel the need to thread crap, for that what it is. There is an existing thread in Cricket Chat, why not just use that and then pass the time criticising a format they really don't have a clue about whilst bringing up the same clichéd rhetoric.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm in the same camp as my namesake, I won't be posting in here too often, but if I do it'll be in the thread of my society. And I concur that it'd be better for those not-inconsiderable of us to do it all in one place rather than half the threads.

Anyway, IMO this forum should be archived. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW - there sort of is - open the main forums page, double-click the red icon on this forum, then go to new-posts. I do it with the Pred Lg, this forum and the GSF ATT.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Like the idea, although making the thread here is just provocation - we already have a thread in CC...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On this subject, I'm disappointed in you, Robert. How could you remove the membership line from your sig? :down::@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
IIRC, can you not double click to the left of the forum (where there's a ball in front of a set of stumps) - marks the forum read.