• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20IBS Thread

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Indeed, us who prefer twenty/20 to ODIs, could of started a "The World Cup is Boring", thread.

We resisted, even though we would of been irrefutably in the right.
Well, someone did start a "Twenty20 Is Boring Society Is Boring" thread.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
just an idea - the bat vs. ball challenge would be more balanced in 20/20 if you cut down the number of wickets - say, to 6 or even 5. this would make the batsmen more cautious and give more motivation to the bowlers.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There were quite a few threads about how boring the World Cup was, and it also spewed over into all the other threads in that section, actually.
That was more to do with the format and the set-up of the tournament, rather than the actual game itself though. Aside from this post, I don't plan to post in this thread, despite being a society member, because I think it's just overhammering the nail.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was more to do with the format and the set-up of the tournament, rather than the actual game itself though. Aside from this post, I don't plan to post in this thread, despite being a society member, because I think it's just overhammering the nail.
Yes it's a tad different threads started as the thing goes on, rather then one started ages before the comp even starts:blink:

Perm

Still boring? I'll be very interested how many members have changed their minds somewhat, I know Turb has :p

Julian87

State Captain
I can't wait to see a test match tbh. Australia's first series minus Warne and McGrath should be a cracker.

Matt79

Global Moderator
'Fraid not. I caught about 40 minutes of Pakistan v. Bangladesh and about 15 minutes of a couple of other games, and what I saw didn't make me want to watch more - players trying ugly hoick shots, dismissals that were terrible, dancing girls (little tip - no sport that is any good requires cheerleaders to keep the crowd excited), and players being utterly bereft of any decision making prerogative by the format - they have no option about how they go about the game - hence its hard to get excited about them going the tonk because its not a choice/risk like it is in Tests or even ODIs, its a necessity. It like the difference between how exciting it is when a punch or two are thrown in the footy compared to in a boxing match - less is more, especially in a context where it is somewhat unexpected and has consequences attached.

Perm

Well, you have to give the format and tournament a fair chance IMO. If you only catch a few minutes of games then you won't be able to appreciate the contest between the teams, no offence.

Matt79

Global Moderator
None taken. No doubt at some stage I'll sit through a match (I have sat through the entire Aus vs NZ and Aus vs SA games last year and the year before, although they weren't being taken very seriously by the players). But the little I've seen doesn't fill me with the desire to make an effort to do so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still boring? I'll be very interested how many members have changed their minds somewhat, I know Turb has :p
TBH, from the stern talkings-to I've given the kid I got the impression that he was only a fake member ITFP really. He basically said to me that he liked pretty much any cricket (especially if India are winning, obviously) and that he just liked Twenty20 less than the other 2 formats, which is not really what the T2IBS is about.