• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
We all know that when it comes to Twenty20 games, Bangladesh is not competitive enough. Despite having won their only Twenty20 match that was against a depleated Zimbabwean side Bangladesh have the potential to do well but not the right plan.

Here is how my Twenty20 batting line up for the Bangers look like:

Tamim Iqbal (batsman)
Mohammed Ashraful (batsman/backup bowler)
Aftab Ahmed (batsman/backup bowler)
Mashrafe Mortaza (bowler/batsman)
Saquibul Hasan (batsman/bowler)
Mohammed Rafique (bowler/batsman)
Shahriar Nafees (batsman)
Mushfiqur Rahim (batsman)
Shahadat Hossain (bowler)
Abdur Razzak (bowler)
Syed Rasel (bowler)

It has a mixture of hitters and slightly defensive players. There are 6 genuine bowlers and 6 genuine batsmen in the team as well!

Pitch in your two cents on Bangladesh in the Twenty20 arena.

Nishant

International 12th Man
its nice to see that a Bangladesh thread has been opened. A few yrs back...this would have been rare. Just shows how this team is progressing.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
With Tamim, Aftab, Ashraful and Mortaza, Bangladesh certainly have the firepower to put up a decent Twenty20 performance as long as the bowlers are not too accurate.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I'll have a stab...

1 Tamim Iqbal
2 Aftab Ahmed
3 Mohammad Ashraful (c)
4 Shahriar Nafees
5 Mashrafe Mortaza
6 Saqibul Hasan
7 Mohammad Rafique
8 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
9 Abdur Razzak
10 Shahadat Hossan
11 Syed Rasel (? - in the absence of any other pace)

cricman

International 12th Man
I'll have a stab...

1 Tamim Iqbal
2 Aftab Ahmed
3 Mohammad Ashraful (c)
4 Shahriar Nafees
5 Mashrafe Mortaza
6 Saqibul Hasan
7 Mohammad Rafique
8 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
9 Abdur Razzak
10 Shahadat Hossan
11 Syed Rasel (? - in the absence of any other pace)
I'm pretty sure the middle guy in you sig will find his way to the 20/20 squad and Nadif Chowdhury or even Kapali might even find there way into the squad

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I'm pretty sure the middle guy in you sig will find his way to the 20/20 squad and Nadif Chowdhury or even Kapali might even find there way into the squad
Kapali is nowhere to be found despite showing some good form in the domestic games this past season. What a shame it is :thumbdown!!!!!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nadif stands a decent chance, Kapali probably less so. Whatever you say about Junaid, he has no experience of any real high level cricket and has never faced anything like the attacks that will be on display in South Africa.

It would be better to play a squad of players who have proven that they have the potential to play a decent set of bowlers. That's why I had Shahriar Nafees in there.