• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's going to win?

Who will win the 20/20 world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia, ****ing Australia:@

Despite the fact they'll probably only play it half-arsed, they've the perfect players for this, as they have for every other form of cricket. Symonds and White will be immense, Gilchrist and Ponting, will be Gilchrist and Ponting. It won't matter who bowls, they'll have 220+ to defend every time8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He thinks India will win as much as you think Australia will win...think about it...hmmm ;)
Why presume I think Australia will win? I'm an Indian fan firstly, and secondly I'm not sure they'll take it that seriously.

I think South Africa will take it out personally, not that I'm fussed either way.

The reason Turb is frustrating is he does this everytime. He can just say "India", or he can go on about how sure he is that it will happen, or won't happen in the case of Bangladesh beating India in the World Cup... which he was embarassingly wrong about.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason Turb is frustrating is he does this everytime. He can just say "India", or he can go on about how sure he is that it will happen, or won't happen in the case of Bangladesh beating India in the World Cup... which he was embarassingly wrong about
Yeh, he told me about that :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason Turb is frustrating is he does this everytime. He can just say "India", or he can go on about how sure he is that it will happen, or won't happen in the case of Bangladesh beating India in the World Cup... which he was embarassingly wrong about.
Post edited, just for you, so you wont be frustrated ;).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha love your work Turb.

Don't take it personally, I just can't see any reason why a game with greater emphasis on ground fielding, one which India has barely played compared to SA, England and even Aus could possibly be won by India.

Improving in the test cricket arena should be India's main aim in the immediate future, with this far down the pecking order.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha love your work Turb.

Don't take it personally.
Don't worry bro, I know you well enough to not :).

I just can't see any reason why a game with greater emphasis on ground fielding, one which India has barely played compared to SA, England and even Aus could possibly be won by India.
I can still have hope, which I do. I tend to look at the more positive things, rather than the negative ones. Anyways, it's a matter of opinion and faith.

Improving in the test cricket arena should be India's main aim in the immediate future, with this far down the pecking order.
I agree.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Similar pecking order as the World Cup but this time NZ have a chance greater than virtually zero. Obviously there's a bigger chance that Australia will fail than in the World Cup, but they're still big favourites.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Similar pecking order as the World Cup but this time NZ have a chance greater than virtually zero. Obviously there's a bigger chance that Australia will fail than in the World Cup, but they're still big favourites.
What's England's chances ? :laugh:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
England have a great experience in twenty20 and a wealth of players outside the international squad who are twenty20 pros. I would say their chances are good, but they must pick a squad of people who do not usually play for England to succeed.

Nishant

International 12th Man
England do actually have a genuine chance of going far in this tournamnet. Simply because they have experience of 20/20 cricket. With that said, so do the aussies and even the WI. But, i dont see WI doing anything. England should do as well as they did in the real WC IMO....or might just make it to the semis.

India, should not be expected to do well. We've played one 2020 match in our history. But, the domesric tournamnet may help our cause. BUT...i still fancy them to win it! 8-)