• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You what?

I still despise both Murali and KP, not quite sure what that meant! (You can also add Sreesanth to that list now)

The only cricketer I have disliked at the start and then warmed to has been Steve Harmison
Well you have that common sort as your avatar now and a lot of the time, you like them with a passion do you not?

You've had Murali and KP as your avatar as much as her over the past year or so, so it follows that you like them with a passion as well.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well you have that common sort as your avatar now and a lot of the time, you like them with a passion do you not?

You've had Murali and KP as your avatar as much as her over the past year or so, so it follows that you like them with a passion as well.
Murali and KP as my avatar was the result of losing a bet on England winning an Ashes test in 2005 :laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the umpiring hasn't been bad this test. One bad decision, and that could have gone either way.
Just the way our batting hasn't been bad? Just the way you won't be surprised about us getting bundled out for 150 in the second innings, I won't be surprised about 5 bad calls going against us all of a sudden.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just the way our batting hasn't been bad? Just the way you won't be surprised about us getting bundled out for 150 in the second innings, I won't be surprised about 5 bad calls going against us all of a sudden.
If the umpiring is bad, it could just as likely go for us too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
should be a interesting little tournament, all out aggression teams will alter their line-ups a bit to suite with one or two 20/20. Its in september eh, so this is my take on how some of the sides might structure their XI's:

AUSTRALIA:

Jaques
Haddin
Symonds
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
White
Lee
Bracken
Clark

ENGLAND:

Trescothick
Pothas
Flintoff
KP
Strauss
Collingwood
Bell
Dalrymple
Lewis
Anderson
Panesar/Tremlett/Mahmood

The other sides are a bit confusing to predict

Barney Rubble

International Coach
should be a interesting little tournament, all out aggression teams will alter their line-ups a bit to suite with one or two 20/20. Its in september eh, so this is my take on how some of the sides might structure their XI's:

AUSTRALIA:

Jaques
Haddin
Symonds
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
White
Lee
Bracken
Clark

ENGLAND:

Trescothick
Pothas
Flintoff
KP
Strauss
Collingwood
Bell
Dalrymple
Lewis
Anderson
Panesar/Tremlett/Mahmood

The other sides are a bit confusing to predict
If England actually want to win this thing, then they should pick the players who've been doing well in domestic Twenty20, along with some of the big international names. I'd suggest:

Strauss*
Maddy
Sales
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Yardy
Foster+
Mascarenhas
Broad
Doshi

With Shah, Anderson, Dalrymple, Swann and Afzaal making up the numbers. It's not a matter of international experience, so much as a know-how of how to play Twenty20 cricket.

Oh, and if Australia batted Cameron White at 8, they'd be missing out. The only man to hit two hundreds in Twenty20 cricket to date, and the holder of the highest innings record with a massive 141*. You've got to put him in the top four.

howardj

International Coach
Farce of a World Cup.

I'll tell you why - because there is no cut 'n' thrust, ebb 'n' flow, to Twenty20.

In short, there's no finesse or struggle.

It's just a bashathon.

Scaly piscine

We need (well I do) a snappy abbreviation for those who know sweet FA about Twenty20 and keep popping into these threads to whinge about how awful it is. They're like a bunch of religious zealots who've decided to dedicate themselves to ramming their brand of senseless tripe down your throat - pestering you with it wherever you go. As if this alone wasn't enough they then have their own cliques where they can reinforce their own bollocks just in case the more intelligent believers are teetering on the brink of rationality.

pasag

RTDAS
We need (well I do) a snappy abbreviation for those who know sweet FA about Twenty20 and keep popping into these threads to whinge about how awful it is. They're like a bunch of religious zealots who've decided to dedicate themselves to ramming their brand of senseless tripe down your throat - pestering you with it wherever you go. As if this alone wasn't enough they then have their own cliques where they can reinforce their own bollocks just in case the more intelligent believers are teetering on the brink of rationality.
You come across as more of a zealot in favour of it, than anyone here against it. Thought I wasn't going to post in this forum, but much of the stuff you say regarding people who oppose 20/20 describes yourself and your stance on the issue perfectly.

Scaly piscine

You come across as more of a zealot in favour of it, than anyone here against it. Thought I wasn't going to post in this forum, but much of the stuff you say regarding people who oppose 20/20 describes yourself and your stance on the issue perfectly.
Where have I posted about how great Twenty20 is?

I don't have anything against people not liking it, it's these phony excuses they come out with to justify it that clearly show they don't have a clue what they're talking about.