• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Twenty20 World XI

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My Dream Team-

Jayasuriya
Gilchrist
Afridi
Ponting (Captain)
Kevin Petersen
Andrew Flintoff or Andrew Symonds
Mark Boucher or Sangakkara (Wicket Keeper)
Shaun Pollock
Shane Bond
Lasith Malinga
Murali

The_Bunny

State Regular
My Dream Team-

Jayasuriya
Gilchrist
Afridi
Ponting (Captain)
Kevin Petersen
Andrew Flintoff or Andrew Symonds
Mark Boucher or Sangakkara (Wicket Keeper)
Shaun Pollock
Shane Bond
Lasith Malinga
Murali
Dont rate Gilchrists wicket keeping very highly?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Are you all serious when you pick Flintoff?

Can't believe it tbh especially when you put him up so high.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, but not sure if the differance is worth having another Keeper unless you wanted them in their as batsmen.
Which is fine if thats what he wants :)
Boucher and Sangakkara have high strike rates in the shortened version of the game. Hence I would pick them for Batting as well at 6 or 7 in 20/20 and Gilly purely as a batsman at the top of the innings.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you all serious when you pick Flintoff?

Can't believe it tbh especially when you put him up so high.
When he is fit , he can be a very miserly bowler and when his batting Clicks he is certainly a valuable asset in any 20/20 Team.

Bobisback

International Regular
When he is fit , he can be a very miserly bowler and when his batting Clicks he is certainly a valuable asset in any 20/20 Team.
When Glenn McGrath's batting clicks, he can make 50 in a test, still wouldnt open with him.

irfan

State Captain
Here'e my pick:

1. S Jayasuriya
2. A Gilchrist (k)
3. R Ponting (c)
4. K Pietersen
5. M Hussey (can't believe ppl hav overlooked him so far)
6. A Symonds
7. S Afridi
8. A Flintoff
9. S Pollock
10. S Bond
11. M Muralitharan

Bond, Polly to open and Bond & Freddie to close out. The triumvirate of Murali, S Afridi, S Jayasuriya to strangle the middle order with Symonds to provide some extra medium pace if the pitch is lively.
In the batting stakes you have the explosive Jaya & Gilly to get things going, Punter, Pietersen & Hussey (arguably the three best ODI batters in the world) with the big hitters following them if required.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is my Twenty20 World XI. Tell me what you think of it and what changes you would make. This is not based on current form and only includes International players with no County players.

Gilchrist(wkt)
Jayasuriya
Afridi
Pietersen
Flintoff
Razzaq
Kemp
Pollock
Bracken
McGrath
Muralitharan

Most of the batsmen are stoke makers, but they can prove inconsistant. I would have more players that are succesful in 50 over cricket, like a Ponting. I don't see the point in doing this not taking into consideration, their current form becuase all top order batsmen in good form could smash it.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Gilchrist+
Jayasuriya
Ponting*
Pietersen
Symonds
Flintoff
Afridi
Razzaq
Bracken
Bond
Muralitharan

12th man: Gayle

Keen attention was placed on the bowling attack wanted to pick the best 4 & economical bowlers in ODI cricket of late than i think would go well in 20/20, and i Bracken/Bond/Flintoff/Murali in think you got 20 testing overs any big sloggers.
Best squad
i see some people picking both dohni and gilly.. what is the point of having two wicket keepers.. gilly is better so he should be in the team and Gayle should be in for dohni as he is clearly better than Dohni

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
How is Gayle 'clearly' better than Dhoni as far as slam bang cricket goes? There is no way Razzaq would make even a World 3rd XI at this point of time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gilchrist (wk)
Hayden
Ponting (coffee)
Pietersen
Symonds (6)
Hussey
Afridi (5)
Flintoff (3)
Pollock (2)
Hogg (4)