• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup

Autobahn

State 12th Man
archie mac said:
Maybe be different here in Aust. although the ball may be slightly different here as well, could be a little lighter I think. But not much more differnet then the red and white balls used in cricket :)
Of course forget the massive rule changes :ph34r:

Just out of curiosity what you think of coloured uniforms in one day cricket? Would you rather it was played in cricket whites?

archie mac

International Coach
Autobahn said:
Of course forget the massive rule changes :ph34r:
No tackles or kicks in touch or scrums for that matter, or kicks at goal, but still based on RL

Autobahn said:
Just out of curiosity what you think of coloured uniforms in one day cricket? Would you rather it was played in cricket whites?
Well they have improved from the pink of the WIs in the early days :laugh:

I don't mind that as much as I hate the playing of music every time a 4 or 6 is scored. And more music or adds every time a wicket falls or an over ends.

Maybe I would like to discuss the game with the person next to me, without having my ear drums assaulted ad nauseum (spelling) They seem to think unless you are constantly entertained you will nod off:(

Autobahn

State 12th Man
archie mac said:
No tackles or kicks in touch or scrums for that matter, or kicks at goal, but still based on RL

Well they have improved from the pink of the WIs in the early days :laugh:

I don't mind that as much as I hate the playing of music every time a 4 or 6 is scored. And more music or adds every time a wicket falls or an over ends.

Maybe I would like to discuss the game with the person next to me, without having my ear drums assaulted ad nauseum (spelling) They seem to think unless you are constantly entertained you will nod off:(
Well when the counties know they can actually make money from games they try everything to keep the punters there!

archie mac

International Coach
Autobahn said:
Well when the counties know they can actually make money from games they try everything to keep the punters there!
I think they think it keeps people there, but I am not so sure. I for one use to attend ODIs until they started all of this crap.

And here in Aust ODI crowds have dropped and Test crowds have increased, maybe all of this razz a matazz (spelling, I am sure I have that wrong) has kept cricket people away?

I also quite enjoy standing up when I watch sport live at the ground, but that seems to be against the rules these days as well.

And heaven forbid that I would be allowed to take my own drinks into the ground 8-)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
To be fair Dasa, they battled the tie from nowhere - no real choking in finals, but then again we don't tend tend to reach finals because we're not good enough.
Yeah, I know...I'm just showing how ridiculous Scaly's argument is.

adharcric

International Coach
I don't understand how some people can get so cynical about Twenty20 cricket. It may not be the greatest thing and it definitely doesn't stand up to test cricket, but give it a chance at least. Nobody said it's coming to replace test cricket. It could turn out to be interesting; I'll definitely follow this event.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
In which case England are a Liuzzi.

Hence the Grand Prix comparison is more tripe.
Nope they're not (note how any of the top 8 can beat each other).

Hence you're just being stupid, as per usual.

Perhaps I should have used a golf example and compared India to Colin Montgomery...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
Nope they're not (note how any of the top 8 can beat each other).
So they are all equal then, huh? Thats called being stupid.

Yes, its possible that WI *CAN* beat Australia. Or even Ban CAN beat Australia. But doesn't mean they can do it consistently.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
So they are all equal then, huh? Thats called being stupid.

Yes, its possible that WI *CAN* beat Australia. Or even Ban CAN beat Australia. But doesn't mean they can do it consistently.
You'll see I was referring to marc's typically stupid comment and didn't say anything about how often the top 8 beat each other.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Add in the fact that England can only beat Ban, Zim and the other minor nations consistently.