• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Twenty20 World Cup

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chris.hinton said:
I think that a Cricket Twenty20 world cup can Happen but i beleieve it must be played by the top 8 teams
Thats redicukous IMO.

If there is to be a 20/20 world cup, the minnows have to compete.

One of the main features of 20/20 is that anything can happen really. Davison could basically win a gem for Canada by himself, or AJ Burger for Namibia, or Chigumbura for Zimbabwe.... this would truely give them a chance to compete.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
Thats redicukous IMO.

If there is to be a 20/20 world cup, the minnows have to compete.

One of the main features of 20/20 is that anything can happen really. Davison could basically win a gem for Canada by himself, or AJ Burger for Namibia, or Chigumbura for Zimbabwe.... this would truely give them a chance to compete.
And that is exactly why I cringe. The fact that Canada could win kind of blows all its credibility right out the window.. :p

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Linda said:
And that is exactly why I cringe. The fact that Canada could win kind of blows all its credibility right out the window.. :p
grrrrr you did not say that.......tell me you did not just say that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chance of an upset is still very much unlikely, but unlike 50 overs or whatever you could at least see a way of someone like Canada winning, but remember the time Davison got a fast century against WI they knocked the runs off in just over 20 overs.

Ming

State 12th Man
If it is played by the Top 8 teams, this competition could finish in 4 days...in a knock out format.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Or you could have 2 groups of 4, 2 matches each day - 6 days group stage, day for semis, day for final, all over in 10 days with a rest day between groups and semis, and semis and final