• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj retires

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good decision, the time feels right. Was a bit sad seeing him struggle to even make his top IPL XI in the last couple of years.

Legendary white-ball player at his best, one of the cleanest strikers I can recall. And of course who can forget 'that' over.

OverratedSanity

Really graceful player to watch too. Shame he was too technically flawed to succeed at the test level because when he got going, he had a bit of Lara about him aesthetically.

Reactions: vcs

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This one was a very very high class innings too, game right after that six sixes game:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
What do you guys make of the timing? He wasn't going to be selected again obviously, but could he have waited until after the WC? Or does the announcement actually help the team by deflecting some attention from them?

cnerd123

likes this
What do you guys make of the timing? He wasn't going to be selected again obviously, but could he have waited until after the WC? Or does the announcement actually help the team by deflecting some attention from them?
I hear he's got offers to play T20 cricket around the world, and he probably needs to formally retire in order to pursue those opportunities, since the BCCI doesn't approve active cricketers playing overseas.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
One easily forgotten innings of Yuvraj was his knock in the 2008 Chennai test in partnership with Tendulkar. He could play well in tests too, though only occasionally.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
You'll find most people here prefer tests to limited over cricket. But people also enjoy discussing LO cricket in CricketChat. Your schtick will wear thin pretty quickly if every LO cricket post has you carrying on like this.
I will not, only did it here because I was annoyed.

DravidFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This guy was given way too long a rope in test cricket for no good reason. Indian selection and team management has always baffled me. They've made a mess of Karun Nair's career. Poor guy, he has no idea why he is being treated so poorly after the triple hundred against England in Chennai. His career is going exactly nowhere.

vcs

I suspect it's doctored TBH. Made for some great meme material though

Kirkut

International Regular
He had a unique personality and flair. Also his batting had a distinct Caribbean flair, resembled left handed Viv Richards.

Kirkut

International Regular
Ben Stokes' 258 reminded me a lot of Yuvraj Singh from mid 2000's. I could feel exactly the same aura and exuberance.