• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your opinion on 3rd test wicket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To me, the 3rd test pitch was still bad but I feel the runs made here with the red ball puts it in a bit of context. 2nd and 4th were both good test wickets, the 1st was fair but in a way, something I hate the most, where a team winning the toss and batting well gets so much the better of the conditions. In summation,

Test 1 - fair
Test 2 - good
Test 3 - bad
Test 4 - good

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
worst part is, we didn't need the 3rd test pitch to win
Yeah, but I think its fair to look back now and put it down to the debut test match on this ground and it being the day night one. This pitch was actually very good and I guess it shows what they can do when they get more known factors in.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know what you mean but I wouldn't use 'fair' to describe the first pitch. We talk about how luck was so important in terms of surviving in the 3rd Test wicket but in the 1st Test the team that won the toss, the most luck dependent thing in cricket, immediately got a massive advantage.

England thoroughly outplayed us there but if we lost and it hadn't been a pounding like it ended up being I would've been pretty annoyed by that pitch.

Using the ICC ratings (Very Good, Good, Average, Below Average, Poor, Unfit).

1st: Below Average
2nd: Good
3rd: Poor
4th: Very Good

Chrish

International Debutant
India has mastered the art of “pitch rotation”. You won’t see these rank turners in the last game of the series. Either they are in the beginning or middle where opposition fans would complain but then they would serve “fair” wicket in the last game. Most fans would have moved on by now and naturally they would remember the last game the most drastically lessening the previous distaste.

Just an observation. It’s brilliant psychological ploy.