• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your great individual performances

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well ive been in a major form slump this season averaging just 10 with the bat and i thought a way to get my confidence back to re-live a some of my best performances of my life. i think everyone should share theirs too.

Highest 2 scores
90 (101) vs Queanbeyan @ Qbyn Pk 2000/2001
87 (63) vs Daramalan @ O'Connor Ov 1999/2000

best 2 bowling figures
6/20 (7.2) vs Western Districts @ Aranda Ov 2001/2002
5/1 (2.2) vs Coolamon @ Lutheran Ov 1996

ahhh those were the days
its been a year since my last half century and i think its about time i got another.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Highest 3 scores
6* (25) vs Grimsby @ Brigg Road 2002
6 (19) vs Louth @ Brigg Road 2001
4 (16) vs QE Gainsborough @ Gainsborough 1999

best 3 bowling figures
2/7 (2) vs St James @ Millennium Ground 2000
2/11 (4) vs St James @ St James 1999
2/17 (4) vs St James @ Millennium Ground 2000

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Batting
43 vs QE Gainsborough @ Gainsborough 1999
39* vs St James @ St James 1999
39 vs Middlefield @ Middlefield 1998

Bowling
Don't really do bowling because I'm crap

Wk
2 catches and 1 stumping

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
Batting
43 vs QE Gainsborough @ Gainsborough 1999
39* vs St James @ St James 1999
39 vs Middlefield @ Middlefield 1998

Bowling
Don't really do bowling because I'm crap

Wk
2 catches and 1 stumping
For 1999 you mean 2000 and for 1998 you mean 1999.

Also, we've never played Middlefield, that was against Middlecott (Boston) and we were at home. Close enough though... ;)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Highest Scores:

83* v Blacksmiths @ Orchard Portman
42 v Taunton Prep @ Kings College
33* v Castle School @ Kings College

Best Bowling

5-1 v Clevedon College @ Kings College
5-10 v Bridgwater @ Bridgwater

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:

best 3 bowling figures
2/7 (2) vs St James @ Millennium Ground 2000
2/11 (4) vs St James @ St James 1999
2/17 (4) vs St James @ Millennium Ground 2000
Man, St James must be really bad! ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Old Trafford Test 2002 - I got through 12 cans of Carlsberg Export and didn't fall asleep once during over 7 hours of play.

(Cost a lot though £2.80 a can?!)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I wouldn't have paid it - you could have had 3-4 times as much for that price in a supermarket! OK I lie I would have paid it because there wouldn't have been much choice.

I downed 5 double whiskeys in about 3 hours last night/this morning does that count? I also had a beer to start with. I don't know if that is my best or not though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Man, St James must be really bad! ;)
That would be correct. They're a public school for choirboys... Which probably fires me up somewhat, too.

Although the year I took 2/11 (1999) they had Shadab Kabir as coach, doesn't reflect too well on him that I had the whole team on the rack. Also one dropped sitter at mid-on, and one edge to the keeper everyone on the ground but the umpire and bowler heard.

My second wicket there was the best ball I ever bowled, pitched outside leg stump, cut back to hit the top of off. Wonderful.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
(20 overs a side game after wash out 1st week)

my best bowling was 5 overs 4 maidens 4 for 1, cleaned up their middle order and they wended up all out for 78 after a 50 run opening partnership :)

we than went into bat in reversed order thinking that we would get the runs easy, beeing an opener i was batting at number 10 we quickly collapsed to 9/3 or 4 with one of our top batsmen getting a golden, anyways i was at the crease with our number 4 batsman who had a sore leg from bowling and was batting with a runner, anyways we were just puching the ball around for the most part and we each ended up with 36* which is not my highest score but i rate it as one of my best innings

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Batting.

103 not out (off 76 balls) in school cricket in a 183 run partnership.
97 (off 58 balls) in school cricket.

Bowling

5/1 (8 overs) in school cricket(there top 5 batters)
5/5 (3 overs) in school cricket

But the performance that I rate as my best is my first Senior Club 50 that came in just my 3rd senior match when i was facing Canterbury and White Fern bowlers.
50 for Lancaster Park-Woolston vs East Shirley

Feilding.

4 catches and 1 run out in a 2 day match.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
What a great idea
my best performances are
Batting
1. 113* v North Ryde (98-99)
2. 104* v North Ryde (2000-01)
3. 107* v Epping (99-2000)

Bowling
1. 7/26 v St Pat's Strathfield
2. 4/0 (I have taken numerous pfeifers but 4/0 deserves something considering when i was bought onto bowl)

The best perfomance however in crickeet belongs to my michael bevan like heroics. In our last season of school cricket, i was captaining the side, We had a do or die affair in the rounds and we needed a win to get thru to the semi's. I was batting and we needed 16 off the last 2. After we only got 4 off the first we needed 12 off the last, and the usual boring me was at the crease. However I hit the last ball for 4 and we won the game, and the semi and the final and the regional final. :lol: :lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i can back that one up, i kinda sliced a cover drive that i was trying to hit over the top to get us ahead in the runs -balls ration and got caught :(

Simon

ill also add the 5/0 i took off an 8 ball over once. Ive never bowled to a worse top order in my life.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
45* vs Bridgenorth
43* vs Monkmoor
33 vs Monkmoor

4-8 vs Bridgenorth
3-5 vs Monkmoor
2-3 vs Monkmoor
(all from 2 overs)

or a season average of 70 this season :D

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
That would be correct. They're a public school for choirboys... Which probably fires me up somewhat, too.

Although the year I took 2/11 (1999) they had Shadab Kabir as coach, doesn't reflect too well on him that I had the whole team on the rack. Also one dropped sitter at mid-on, and one edge to the keeper everyone on the ground but the umpire and bowler heard.

My second wicket there was the best ball I ever bowled, pitched outside leg stump, cut back to hit the top of off. Wonderful.
well i can honestly say neily has jus spouted the most crap ever!!!he's never had a team on the rack, he had a county bowler at the other end who was scaring the **** out of their batsmen who needed to slog. and in about 3 years of watchin neil play i aint ever seen him spin the ball :rolleyes: specially not from outside leg to hit off.......

but thanks for correcting me Neil

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
well i can honestly say neily has jus spouted the most crap ever!!!he's never had a team on the rack, he had a county bowler at the other end who was scaring the **** out of their batsmen who needed to slog. and in about 3 years of watchin neil play i aint ever seen him spin the ball :rolleyes: specially not from outside leg to hit off.......
That's because you were at third man

Top_Cat

Best Batting

130* (10 6's; I like to hit the ball :)) vs Tasmania U/19's

Best Bowling

7/23 (6 bowled) vs NSW U/19's.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
In a friendly game I came in with 4 overs left and hit 12 6s off 16 balls...off slow left arm donkeydrops...