• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your First Name XI

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could be improved by adding a Willey.
Gawd no, watching Bowler would be dull enough, not having that bloke in too. Unless we were playing a great West Indies side then you pick him of course, presumably as they did back then as punishment for his ugly technique.

Shri

Mr. Glass
1. Ben Duckett
6. Ben Stokes
7. Ben Rohrer
8. Ben Hollioake
9. Ben Cutting
10. Ben Hilfenhaus
11. Ben Laughlin

Can someone complete the Ben XI?

Gnske

1. Ben Duckett
2. Ben Smith
3. Ben Rohrer
4. Ben Dunk
5. Ben Foakes
6. Ben Stokes
7. Ben Hollioake
8. Ben Cutting
9. Ben Wheeler
10. Ben Coad
11. Ben Hilfenhaus

12th - Ben Edmondson

mr_mister

Tom Latham
Tom Graveney
Tom Hayward
Tom Moody (2)
Tom Cooper
Tommy Andrews
Tom Veivers (5)
Tommy Ward+
Tom Horan (4)
Tom Richardson (1)
Tom Goddard (3)

12th man - Tom Campbell (played two tests for SA and shares my first AND last name)

man it seems like every second player was called tom in the 1800s. had like 10 more old timey players i could have chosen like Tom Armitage or Tom Garrett

stephen

Peter Bowler
Peter Denning
Peter May
Peter Parfitt
Peter Richardson
Peter Trego
Peter Nevill WK
Peter Siddle
Peter Such
Peter Loader
Peter Martin

Mascot

Not great, and with a slight Somerset bias, I might have put Roebuck in too. Yet any side with Pedo and Dasher in is fine by me.
Missing the greatest Peter - Taylor.

grecian

Missing the greatest Peter - Taylor.
Was between him and Such, and I already had two crims in the side which was quite enough thanks.. If it was an ODI side I suppose there'd be no choice, but Such's Test bowling better.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Peter Bowler
Peter Denning
Peter May
Peter Parfitt
Peter Richardson
Peter Trego
Peter Nevill WK
Peter Siddle
Peter Such
Peter Loader
Peter Martin

Mascot

Not great, and with a slight Somerset bias, I might have put Roebuck in too. Yet any side with Pedo and Dasher in is fine by me.
Kirsten and Pollock worth considering?

grecian

Kirsten and Pollock worth considering?
Ah, those are good shouts, may have overlooked them.

Pollock in for Martin. Improves batting and bowling, no I'm not dropping Trego. Both hit by Saffies ban rather hard, Kirsten definitely had his best years behind him when Tests came along, ahh sod it put him in for Bowler, and no I'm not dropping Denning either as it's my team.

Looks a decent seam attack at least now, not a bad middle-order either. Actually Richardson should be opener and Kirsten down the order.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Peter Bowler
Peter Denning
Peter May
Peter Parfitt
Peter Richardson
Peter Trego
Peter Nevill WK
Peter Siddle
Peter Such
Peter Loader
Peter Martin

Mascot

Peter Pollock and Peter Kirsten?

stumpski

International Captain
None called 'Jesus' though I'm guessing. If cricket were played in Latin America it would be a different matter. Recent footie headline in the Times: "Can Jesus help Pep to avoid a first season without a trophy?" The sub-editor was having a bit of a larf there, I suspect..

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
None called 'Jesus' though I'm guessing. If cricket were played in Latin America it would be a different matter. Recent footie headline in the Times: "Can Jesus help Pep to avoid a first season without a trophy?" The sub-editor was having a bit of a larf there, I suspect..
The English version of Jesus is Joshua. That could help!