• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Cricketer...

bagapath

International Captain
Favorites XI

Gavaskar
Greenidge
Richards
Lara
Border
Shastri (C)
Gilchrist (WK)
Akram
Marshall
Warne
Ambrose

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In all seriousness though, I can't really narrow it down that far. I'll try and get it down to an XI though.

Jackson
Compton
Macartney
Dravid +
McCabe
Worrell *
Miller
Shakib
Procter
Constantine
Larwood
This is such an interesting list in that you would've only seen two of them live. It shows that you derive equal or more likely even greater pleasure from reading about cricket as you do watching or following it in action. There's nothing wrong with that of course - quite the contrary really, as it speaks volumes for the different ways us fans can enjoy the game and fit our interest in it into whatever mould our other interests dictate - but very interesting all the same.

I have great admiration for (particularly) the likes of Grace, Goddard and Imran, but they wouldn't get anywhere near my favourite eleven personally as I've got a lot more personal joy out of watching and following players live.

EDIT: Three rather than two if you mean Nick rather than Denis.

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Wanted to post my list but realized there would be only players from the last three years.
#noob :)

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Ponting followed by Prior I reckon.

Admire Smith in terms of grittiness but he's not someone I'd pay to watch really.