• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your countries best XI - minus Test, ODI and T20 players.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd limit it to test era. Otherwise Sathasivam and FC de Saram also will come in to the picture.

Ian Daniels
Sajith Fernando
Kaushal Silva (wk)
Indika de Saram (played 1 T20, but not batted)
Dinesh Chandimal
BMAJ Mendis
Nimesh Perera
Sachithra Senanayake
Shanuka Dissanayake
Wendell Labrooy
Suranga Lakmal
Four of them played tests. Mendis played ODI / T20s. Daniels, Fernando, Saram, Perera and Labrooy have finished their careers by 2009. Suranga Lakmal and DInesh Chandimal have become leaders of bowling and batting lineup as well.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Janneman Malan
Pieter Malan
Eddie Moore
Raymond van Tonder
Keegan Peterson
Kyle Verreyne (wk)
Daniel Bedingham
Marcelle Jansen/Senuran Muthusamy
Daryn Dupavillon
Nandre Burger
Dane Paterson

Unlucky to miss out are Zubayr Hamza and Qesihle, who have played 1 Test and 2 T20s respectively.

I'm sure I've forgotten one or two decent shouts.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jordan Silk
Jake Weatherald
Daniel Hughes
Will Pucovski
Jake Lehmann
Matthew Short
Jake Doran
Cameron Green
Mark Steketee
Matthew Kelly
Riley Meredith

It feels like every cricketer with half a pulse has had an ODI or T20 cap in their career.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Janneman Malan
Pieter Malan
Eddie Moore
Raymond van Tonder
Keegan Peterson
Kyle Verreyne (wk)
Daniel Bedingham
Marcelle Jansen/Senuran Muthusamy
Daryn Dupavillon
Nandre Burger
Dane Paterson
Malan has played two T20s, and Paterson has played four ODIs and eight T20s.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst Australian XI to have played an international is far more interesting (And you have more players to choose from).

Bancroft
Heazlett
Ferguson
Henriques
D Short
M Marsh
Nevill
Faulkner
Mennie
Tye
Holland

Obviously a couple of those guys are still very young and have a bright future but in many cases they shouldn't have been given a cap. Was struggling for a better choice than Faulkner who was really good for a time but our bowling attack has been relatively stable at international level.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jordan Silk
Jake Weatherald
Daniel Hughes
Will Pucovski
Jake Lehmann
Matthew Short
Jake Doran
Cameron Green
Mark Steketee
Matthew Kelly
Riley Meredith

It feels like every cricketer with half a pulse has had an ODI or T20 cap in their career.
Is that a Test team? Im guessing so with Dorans inclusion and Silk up the top. I just cant bring myself to select Steketee

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is that a Test team? Im guessing so with Dorans inclusion and Silk up the top. I just cant bring myself to select Steketee
Yeah it is. Given you already did an ODI team.

Doing a T20 team would probably see Sams and Chris Green there, for example.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Worst Australian XI to have played an international is far more interesting (And you have more players to choose from).

Bancroft
Heazlett
Ferguson
Henriques
D Short
M Marsh
Nevill
Faulkner
Mennie
Tye
Holland

Obviously a couple of those guys are still very young and have a bright future but in many cases they shouldn't have been given a cap. Was struggling for a better choice than Faulkner who was really good for a time but our bowling attack has been relatively stable at international level.
I would have thought Frankston's finest in Scott Boland would have to be first picked for such a team

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it is. Given you already did an ODI team.

Doing a T20 team would probably see Sams and Chris Green there, for example.
Yeab true true. I was going to go Tests but sinve the ODis are on, I went that way. Agree re: Sams and Green.

I said i wouldnt want Steketee but being honest he probably is the correct call, unless you went another Tassie quick - Bell or Rogers OR perhaps Conway but meh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Harris and KPat out, Pucovski in.

If I was naming a T20 team:

1 Jake Weatherald
2 Max Bryant
3 Daniel Hughes
4 Sam Harper+
5 Josh Philippe
6 Jordan Silk
7 Daniel Sams
8 Chris Green
9 Matthew Kelly
10 Brendan Doggett
11 Riley Meredith

Only 5 bowling options is a concern but I like the different types of batsman in this lineup.

Josh Lalor is having a good season so he just missed out.
Updating this.

1 Josh Philippe
2 Jake Weatherald
3 Daniel Hughes
4 Matt Short
5 Jordan Silk
6 Cameron Green
7 Daniel Sams
8 Chris Green
9 Ben Manenti
10 Matthew Kelly
11 Riley Meredith

I mean Manenti is a wtf selection but I find it harder to rate another spinner unless you buy into Nairs early wickets. I did think about Wes Agar or Conway who might be options if they play and perform.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Updating this.

1 Josh Philippe
2 Jake Weatherald
3 Daniel Hughes
4 Matt Short
5 Jordan Silk
6 Cameron Green
7 Daniel Sams
8 Chris Green
9 Ben Manenti
10 Matthew Kelly
11 Riley Meredith

I mean Manenti is a wtf selection but I find it harder to rate another spinner unless you buy into Nairs early wickets. I did think about Wes Agar or Conway who might be options if they play and perform.
Like that team a lot tbh

As for First Class cricket:

Dan Hughes
Jake Weatherald
Will Pucovski
Matt Short
Tom Cooper (on a technicality)
Cameron Green
Josh Inglis
Matt Kelly
Nick Winter
Riley Meredith
Harry Conway

Best FC team I could think if excluding anyone who has played for Australia in any format. No frontline spinner, was strongly contemplating Andrews but opted against that, I do rate Matt Short as a fair bit higher than your average part time offie though