• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younis Khan vs Javed Miandad

Better Test Batsman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Younis:
-Great batsman, did well overseas
-Champion bloke, disregarding the occasional diva tendency
-Looks absolutely regal

Miandad:
-Mediocre away record
-Awful person on the field and off, has connections with wanted terrorists
-Face looks like it was run over by a lawn mower

vcs

Face run over by a lawn mower :laugh:

I don't think I'd go as far as calling Miandad's away record mediocre, though I haven't looked it up.

trundler

Younis:
-Great batsman, did well overseas
-Champion bloke, disregarding the occasional diva tendency
-Looks absolutely regal

Miandad:
-Mediocre away record
-Awful person on the field and off, has connections with wanted terrorists
-Face looks like it was run over by a lawn mower
Younis does not look regal at all, not in the slightest. Perhaps Imran or Fazal but not Younis.
I'll take him over Miandad though. I'm not sure who's the worst batsman high quality batsman to watch recently. Between Younis and Kallis.

Last edited:

trundler

Face run over by a lawn mower :laugh:

I don't think I'd go as far as calling Miandad's away record mediocre, though I haven't looked it up.
The lawnmower must have missed the stache' :laugh:

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Miandad is immensely unlikable. That said, more elegant than Younis. That said, Younis looks like a god while sweeping big.

Daemon

A wonderful gentleman of the game. Younis
Strange dude. Always laughing and smiling, looked like such a great guy with a wonderful personality. But then come selection time he'd throw fits and threatened to retire if he didn't get selected to stink up the ODI team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
had a chance to have lunch with Younis and Afridi recently and I agree with OS he is quite a handsome man found him better looking then Afridi.

As for the comparison I will go with Miandad just, his overseas record is acceptable for a top tier batsman imo if not outstanding. Also I did not not find Younis ugly to watch once he is through the first 70-80 balls of his innings he was just glorious to watch especially playing spin

Last edited:

Daemon

By far the worst I've seen him bat was his last series of England when he was jumping all over the place. Even then he managed a match winning double hundred.

Xuhaib

International Coach
By far the worst I've seen him bat was his last series of England when he was jumping all over the place. Even then he managed a match winning double hundred.
I think he was quite unlucky that problems with the board chairman meant he missed out on the 2010 tour of Nz/Aus and England I believe he would have scored bucketloads then, by 2016 he was 41 as he always maintains he was born in 1975 and by that time he was at that stage where he was good for one-two innings per series but when he got in he made sure he made it count.

Daemon

I think he was quite unlucky that problems with the board chairman meant he missed out on the 2010 tour of Nz/Aus and England I believe he would have scored bucketloads then, by 2016 he was 41 as he always maintains he was born in 1975 and by that time he was at that stage where he was good for one-two innings per series but when he got in he made sure he made it count.
That board dispute was so dire. Could've had a godlike middle order of Yousuf/Younis/Misbah for a few years at least.

cnerd123

likes this
Dude is an absolute stud.
Maybe by your anglo-saxon standards of beauty. But if you remove your ethno-centric biases, you'll see Miandad was a stunning specimen himself:

Those bushy eyebrows. The soft jawline. That butt cheek chin. The mooch. Javed is the epitome of subcontinental masculinity. Look at those eyes. Staring into your soul. Asking you 'hey bby want to be frands?'. How could any woman resist.