• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You were WRONG on the Polls !

ceo

Cricket Spectator
The Polls on the Frontpage have Pakistan as the favorites on taking the ICC Cup this year.
And they're OUT already !

Ponder over how the majority of voters could vote for them. Well the best reason to give is it was a knockout 8D

Anyways, Aussies are 2nd & India 3rd...

So what's your say ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Easy - as has already been raised in a number of threads, the question 'who do you think....' is replaced by 'who do you want....' in the minds of many voters.

A good point raised in your first-ever post to CricketWeb. Welcome to the fold, Ceo.

ceo

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the kind comments luckyeddie !

as has already been raised in a number of threads
Sorry I missed that....

Well yes, as you point out rightly.... "Who do you WANT" may have been the factor.
But then that begs...
Are most of the voters Pakistanis ?
Or girls loving the handsome **** cricketers ?

;)

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This shows that these poll's results are rubbish.It wasn't a case of "who do u want" , ppl thought Pak was the fav just coz they had defeated Aus in Aus in a onedayer series,most ppl voted just after that series,however Pak lived upto their reputation of an unpredictable team!

I don't know about others, but i voted for INDIA!!!

I'm hopefull that India will win it, Mark2 will blast the opponent bowlers in the initial overs with the help of Captain Ganguly, while Tendulkar,Yuvraj and Kaif will show no mercy with the bat either. :D

ceo

Cricket Spectator
Who the hell is mark 2???
The only name he's missed is Sehwag so........ !!!

Well my take is probably this match will turn out to be a TOUGH contest & no one but Sachin will play well from the Indian side.
Am I going to turn a fool tomorrow ?

Did'nt Mom always say Shut up if you don't know anything - :lipsrsealed:
LOL

Cheers mates !

[Edited on 9/13/02 by ceo]

mayadevi

Banned
I think the fianl will be b/w the two best teams, India and Australia.It will be an interesting contest b/w the best batting side in the world(india) verses one of the best bowling side(aus)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you're looking for best 2 teams in the World, South Africa adn Sri Lanka (owing to home ground) come in ahead of India IMO.

By the way, if England beat India in this Tournament, does this mean us English can crow about beating India in the most recent series between the 2 nations?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer

By the way, if England beat India in this Tournament, does this mean us English can crow about beating India in the most recent series between the 2 nations? [/quote]

Ans to the above qs is "IF"!

As for Home adv, sometimes the home pressure goes against u!

Unless The Indians get over confident & takes things for granted against the Brits, there is no way England can beat the Indian team.

I do believe SA and Aus have an Edge over India, mainly coz they are better fielders, but i'm hopfull India will make it to the final , and then its any body's game

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'll take that as a yes then.

For the record, the last one day series between England and India was drawn 3-3.

May be pedantic, but that is, and will remain, the case until the next tour of India by England I guess.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well.. fantastic India is currently 115/5 against Zim...
admittedly they seem to be recovering well after being 87/5 and they are maintaining a run rate over 6. but a big point here is that Indian fans have said they have the best batting line up in the world- well Ganguly, Tendulkar, Singh and Mongia have all been removed by Douglas T Hondo for little contribution (highest being 13).
Has anyone even heard of mr hondo?
Dravid and Sehwag are exceptions with reasonable scores

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This isn't the first time Hondo has ripped through India's top order. He did it in India on their last tour.

And scraping past the worst of the "Big Nine" is hardly a great performance from the "Second Best Team in the World" is it?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
This isn't the first time Hondo has ripped through India's top order. He did it in India on their last tour.

And scraping past the worst of the "Big Nine" is hardly a great performance from the "Second Best Team in the World" is it?

I can't understand what this fuss is all about.India were rusty in the field and didn't bowled all that well, BUT the bottom line is that they still WON.
For ppl who judge a team by a Single Match :rolleyes:, Here's a qs: Pak is supposed to be the fav's for the world cup, does Pak's Early exit in this tour have changed the scenario and are they carp team now? Can u write them off completely?

Also Aus are no 1 team, But suppose if they loses to NZ tomorrow, will they lose ur respect??

Jeez :rolleyes:

LOL!

Yaar, Tendulkar and Mark 2 didn't fire today coz they were preserving their energy for the match against the English team :D.I just hope Hoggard plays, man he's the most batter's frendly bowler in the onedayer game today :D.

ceo

Cricket Spectator
They won it & it was close as expected.
But I was wrong on the 1 guy who'd do well.
It wasn't Tendliya but Kaif.

It was a tremendous batting performace by both A.FLower & M.Kaif !
Kudos to them both !

Pak is supposed to be the fav's for the world cup, does Pak's Early exit in this tour have changed the scenario and are they carp team now? Can u write them off completely?
Absolutely NOT !

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
[For ppl who judge a team by a Single Match :rolleyes:
:O

Pak is supposed to be the fav's for the world cup
According to who?
does Pak's Early exit in this tour have changed the scenario and are they carp team now? Can u write them off completely?

Also Aus are no 1 team, But suppose if they loses to NZ tomorrow, will they lose ur respect??
Please stop spouting dirge.