• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC Final Possibilities

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shamelessly stolen from Bahnz for the likes, but it also needs its own thread.

Permutations for WTC

Aus v India ends 1-1
Aus needs a 2-1 win v SA
Ind needs a 3-0 win v England

Aus v India ends 2-1
Aus needs a series win v SA by any margin
Ind needs a 4-0 win v England

Aus v India ends 1-2
Aus needs a 2-0 win v SA
Ind needs a 2-0 win v Eng

If the India v England series were to be covid-cancelled, India needs the 1-2 scoreline v Aus to make the final. If the SA v Aus series is cancelled, Australia will need at least a 1-1 draw with India to advance.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I think there are more permutations than that as both Australia and India could get below our "total" and one of them would still make it

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think there are more permutations than that as both Australia and India could get below our "total" and one of them would still make it
Yes you're right. For example India could lose 2-1 to Australia and only beat England 3-0 and still advance if South Africa hold Australia to a 1-1 draw. The post above was just for how teams could advance ahead of NZ.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yea I guess those are the ways for those teams to secure their advancement, rather than relying on the other of the two to also not meet that requirement

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes you're right. For example India could lose 2-1 to Australia and only beat England 3-0 and still advance if South Africa hold Australia to a 1-1 draw. The post above was just for how teams could advance ahead of NZ.
As we are the protagonists your post covers everything we need to know tbf.