• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst short-lived selections

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England selected lots of random guys against India in the '90s. Come to think of it, they selected lots of random guys against everybody back then. :p

A quick cricinfo browse throws up Min Patel, Richard Blakey, Paul Jarvis, Peter Martin etc. Who are these guys?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Peter Martin played in the 1996 WC. I was about 12 and thought his name was just awesome. Was my favorite English player along with Neil Smith that WC for some reason. Have absolutely no bloody idea why. :)

vcs

I use to like Neil Fairbrother just for his name, but he was also a terrific player, one of the better England ODI players from that era.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Somebody beat me to Bryce Mcgain? :sad:

On the associate side of things. Malhar Patel for Kenya. Choked in Kenya's last ever bilateral series against Bangladesh, hung around the squad till the World Cup and was quietly pushed out.

Over to ***** for more examples

Spikey

michael beer and steve smith hanging around the squad from the 3rd test onwards in the 10/11 ashes is up there. beer even made the squad for the next tour iirc

OverratedSanity

Karn Sharma instead of Ashwin on the most spin friendly track of the summer at Adelaide, 2014 was pretty bad.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
ML Lewis ODI bowler for Australia on the 2006 tour to South Africa. After the 438 game I never saw him for Australia again. Was he only in for that one series?

Spikey

He got some games in the summer beforehand. him, brett dorey, mitch johnson and stuart clark all got OD games in the summer after the 05 Ashes, i guess as they tried to replace Kasper and Dizzy. Bracken was in the team too but I can't remember if he had already made himself a fixture of the OD team. obviously clark and MJ went further

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Somebody beat me to Bryce Mcgain? :sad:

On the associate side of things. Malhar Patel for Kenya. Choked in Kenya's last ever bilateral series against Bangladesh, hung around the squad till the World Cup and was quietly pushed out.

Over to ***** for more examples
I can't incriminate myself like that plz

I only say good things about HK Cricket :)