• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst regular bowler for a top side

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I don't want to be in any territory with Al Gore. He is a useful use case for illustrating my point.
This is more Dan Quayle with an "e" on potato'e' than Al Gore. But still good work nevertheless, they were both vice presidents, so it kinda works.

Save some pennies, get Mike Pence and all that.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This is more Dan Quayle with an "e" on potato'e' than Al Gore. But still good work nevertheless, they were both vice presidents, so it kinda works.

Save some pennies, get Mike Pence and all that.
And this post is a hit with a capital S.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
And this post is a hit with a capital S.
Not like you to go so low brow. I hope the Volvo didn't break down on your way out somewhere today. That would be frustrating. Hopefully if it did, you were wearing a sweater and stayed warn. Was there vino in the boot? That would brighten your day if there was, surely.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not like you to go so low brow. I hope the Volvo didn't break down on your way out somewhere today. That would be frustrating. Hopefully if it did, you were wearing a sweater and stayed warn. Was there vino in the boot? That would brighten your day if there was, surely.
It's very like me to do so.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
While his numbers are fairly respectable (compared to Salisbury anyway), Aaqib Javed looks pretty damn ordinary next to Imran, Qadir/Mustaq, Akram and Younis.

Manoj Probhakar needed his batting to play as many games as he did too I think. He was actually pretty good for an allrounder.
Aaqib Javed was a bloody impressive bowler. Had every thing needed for a great fast medium bowler.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Mitchell Johnson was the worst bowler in the world when he bowled to the left and then to the right.

But then that switch flicked and he became the most devastating quick ever. Insane.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mitchell Johnson was the worst bowler in the world when he bowled to the left and then to the right.

But then that switch flicked and he became the most devastating quick ever. Insane.
Johnson did go from one extreme to another. It was ****ing awesome but surely ever is a stretch?

a massive zebra

International Captain
Johnson did go from one extreme to another. It was ****ing awesome but surely ever is a stretch?
Yeah Johnson in 2013/14 was immense but would you really prefer to face Tyson in 1954/55, Thomson in 1974/75 or Waqar in the early 1990s?

Last edited:

Bolo

State Captain
Johnston might be a candidate for biggest turnaround in quality. Imran and Murali worth a shout as well.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Johnston might be a candidate for biggest turnaround in quality. Imran and Murali worth a shout as well.
Hadlee is another contender. In his early years he focused on raw pace and probably wasn't any more successful than Murali or Imran in their first few years.

Anderson has improved a huge amount as well, but his improvement was more gradual and few would consider him a true ATG.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Johnson in 2013/14 was immense but would you really prefer to face Tyson in 1954/55, Thomson in 1974/75 or Waqar in the early 1990s?
All terrifying prospects tbh. Johnson was insane around that period. Only time I’ve ever felt sorry for the Poms. It wasn’t fair.

He and Thommo has somewhat similar actions too. Slingers who made it really hard to pick up the ball from the hand.

Bolo

State Captain
Hadlee is another contender. In his early years he focused on raw pace and probably wasn't any more successful than Murali or Imran in their first few years.

Anderson has improved a huge amount as well, but his improvement was more gradual and few would consider him a true ATG.
Now that you mention him, Anderson probably wins this in my mind. Nobody else was poor for so long and good for so long.

Johnston had the heaviest 180 though, going from junk to awesome overnight.