• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst commentator of the games

pasag

RTDAS
Love the bloke, but it has to go to Bruce McAvaney. He's been horrible. Not really what he says but his tone and excitement levels have been almost non-existent. Today in the Phelps race which was one of the most exciting of the games instead of getting into it, he calls the last few seconds as "Can he win the gold medal.......he has". Was the same thing with the Rice races. Really ruins it for mine.

We've got some pretty good commentators commentating on the cycling, water polo and other events and I was listening to the basketball on the radio and they were brilliant but Macca has been shocking.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've got some shockers here. John "I'm not sure what just happened but I'm excited!" McBeth is doing the swimming quite poorly, some bloke in the cycling who kept reminding us that Roulston was "the boy from Ashburton" didn't seem to take a breath in the gold medal race and had me reaching for the mute button, and of course Peter Montgomery who managed to call our gold medal-winning double scullers as 3rd across the line!

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bloody Bruce. I can't stand the ****. He underdoes the races and overdoes everything else. **** mumbled his way though Rice's gold medal races then when she's getting the medal he's yelling his dick off with emotional garbage. "She's got the face of an angel but the hearrrrrrrrrrrrt of a lionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn".

****'s ****house on the footy too, maybe one day he'll stop talking about Dale Thomas.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't find Bruce all that irritating tbh. McCann has easily been the worse for mine. His pronounciation of the names of the Argentinians was absolutely woeful.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
The guy who kept on calling the aussie rowing team "the awesome foursome". Don't know who it was but he said it like 20 times. Very annoying...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not really a commentator, rather an analyst, but Sharron Davies is horrible. Said yesterday that swimming is as big in Australia as football is over here. You know, I'm pretty sure it isn't, luv, they're just a lot better at it than us.

Dresses like a Russian prostitute too; we were treated to the positively unhealthy sight of both Adrian Childs & Claire Balding lusting over her legs yesterday morning, displayed as they were in a pair of shorts that even Christina Aguileria might've rejected as being a bit revealing. Takes "mutton" to a whole new level.

Johnners

Actually, it should be noted Susie O'Neill, whilst a magnificent swimmer, is a terrible "expert" commentator on the radio for the ABC. Deadset shocker, which is a shame really, such a champion.

Perm

Pretty much every NZ commentator has been attrocious, Montgomery and Quinn in particular.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Indian commentators of Doordarshan are easily the worst. People who have heard doordarshan commentaries from back in the day would know what I am talking about. Dead set most irritating commentary. They keep talking as if they are speaking on the radio in a very slow and loud tone just speaking of every thing in the most general of fashions. Swimmers will have to swim hard if they are to win (in hindi or english) is an example of the crap they can come up with

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think Bruce is great with the athletics, but really for the swimming he's been shocking. Some finals have felt like a heat swim. Poor form, Rabbits needs to go to CH7 for the swimming.

Son Of Coco

Not really a commentator, rather an analyst, but Sharron Davies is horrible. Said yesterday that swimming is as big in Australia as football is over here. You know, I'm pretty sure it isn't, luv, they're just a lot better at it than us.

Dresses like a Russian prostitute too; we were treated to the positively unhealthy sight of both Adrian Childs & Claire Balding lusting over her legs yesterday morning, displayed as they were in a pair of shorts that even Christina Aguileria might've rejected as being a bit revealing. Takes "mutton" to a whole new level.
Yeah we have a national swimming competition divided into a number of divisions with teams made up of both national and international swimming stars :happy:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The woman who is the co-commentator at the gymnastics, trully cringeworthy anytime she says pretty much anything.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Pretty much every NZ commentator has been attrocious, Montgomery and Quinn in particular.
Agreed. The TV One commentators have been so parochial that at times I wondered whether I was listening to Lawry and Greig in the WSC.

Truly terrible last night was that idiot Peter "oh, rowing is on water so he must be an expert" Montgomery getting all three medal positions wrong at the end of the women's double sculls, and Keith Quinn referring to Valerie Vili by her maiden name FOUR ****ing times. Someone put these fossils out to pasture or better yet, euthanise them.

Perm

and Keith Quinn referring to Valerie Vili by her maiden name FOUR ****ing times.
That was the thing that annoyed me more than anything last night. Incredibly disrespectful towards Valerie Vili, but also shows that Quinn is well past it as a commentator when he can't even get something like that right.

Flem274*

123/5
Agreed. The TV One commentators have been so parochial that at times I wondered whether I was listening to Lawry and Greig in the WSC.

Truly terrible last night was that idiot Peter "oh, rowing is on water so he must be an expert" Montgomery getting all three medal positions wrong at the end of the women's double sculls, and Keith Quinn referring to Valerie Vili by her maiden name FOUR ****ing times. Someone put these fossils out to pasture or better yet, euthanise them.
I liked Montgomery. He stuffed up the possies in the Ever-Swindel race but at least he can make it exciting, unlike his co-commentator. Not sure why Montgomery isn't commentating on the sailing though.

The presenter (can't remember his name) was the worst. Toni Street used to live down the road from me so she can be exempt from my dislike of TVNZ.