• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Captain?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think there are any really dumb ones out there(among the major nations, that is). All of them are pretty decent to good captains who have their off days and make dumb decisions every now and then, but that's because after all, they are human.

henochschon

Cricket Spectator
Alright, but not all of them are good.Flemming is the best, while Nasir,Waugh/Ponting and Hooper are also good.The rest ??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not sure where this Fleming is the best came from. He's done well, but then again so has Hussain, Jayasuriya (to an extent, although that's more down to having the freakiest bowler around than any great tactical nous) and Pollock.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
ponting will be good i think when he has more experience as skipper

at the moment flemming is the best

worst - i actually dot think Waugh is that great a captain, hes just got the best players to work with

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ganguly is the worst and dumbest, in a one dayer a few years back he wanted a replay on the toss because he thought steve waugh called differently.

Ganguly is atleast better than that fat headed Steven Waugh, who suxs as a batsman and isn't a great captain as pointed out by age master.

Basically anyone can skip the Great Aussie team,they have world class batsmen,bowlers and wk.Thats not the case with the Indian team, yet Ganguly's performance as captain is good.

Simon

Ganguly is atleast better than that fat headed Steven Waugh, who suxs as a batsman and isn't a great captain as pointed out by age master.

Basically anyone can skip the Great Aussie team,they have world class batsmen,bowlers and wk.Thats not the case with the Indian team, yet Ganguly's performance as captain is good.
You half wit.
Steve Waugh is a great player and has lasted a long time in our game. With the exception of Tendulkar he is better than anything India have produced in the last 15 years.

You half wit.
Steve Waugh is a great player and has lasted a long time in our game. With the exception of Tendulkar he is better than anything India have produced in the last 15 years. [/quote]

Listen to me joker, Waugh WAS great, but it is not the case any more.He has already lost his place in onedayer team and his place in test matches is in danger too.Right now he does suxs as a batter, and as a captain he is/was overrated.
So stop living in the past and face the daylight mr Broncoman

Simon

hey mate, Waugh would still make every other test side in the world, it just shows how good he is. Australia have so much talent, waugh is only still in the test side because he is captain, and a good one at that.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussain haha..ok he's had several good tests as captain where he's shown how good he can be, but he's also shown how poor he is aswell i.e. 2nd test v NZ in Wellington and several times against India.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Waugh would not even make the side if he had not been so good in tha past

as if you can rate steve waugh against Maher, Hussey, Love, Di Venuto, or even Clarke etc

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think that where Fleming has succeeded is with innovative field placings and using what he has well.
His innovation played a big part in beating aussie 3 times in the VB series, because lets face it, the Aussies had a team that is about 5 times more talented than the Black Caps.
Don't knock Steve Waugh either, he has/had one of the greatest sporting brains in the world.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Talking about dumb- its dumbest... and fleming with one m.
I definitely don't think you can say that any international cricket captain is dumb.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That is similar to Hussain until he decided a middle of the pitch tactic in the recent series - some blame mental tiredness, which I can see to a degree.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
No international skipper is dumb.So your question is irrelevant.But if you want to find out opinions about who is the worst among all the skippers, then its fair.

I feel Hussain has done certain things recently, that doesn't help his case a lot.