• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Uniforms

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hate the Pak and WI ones - both are bland - needed different collars or stripes or light patches or something...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Honestly not enough 'light' colours. Everything is in darker hues, with the exception of England and Australia.

NZ doing a grey uniform with black and white trim would've been ace imho

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Very random question, but does anyone have an idea on how to buy a SL replica shirt?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
When I first saw SA taking the field, they just looked like a bunch of ball boys. Terrible choice of uniform.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Why did the uniform theme concept fall out of favor? Up till the early 00s every colored clothing tournament would have a common kit design. Stuff nowadays looks amateur in comparison.

NZTailender

Why did the uniform theme concept fall out of favor? Up till the early 00s every colored clothing tournament would have a common kit design. Stuff nowadays looks amateur in comparison.
Probably when capitalism really took hold of the sport.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Think it has more to do with when delusions of grandeur took hold of the tournament's organisers. There's no standardisation of uniform designs at other world tournaments, and cricket's definitely as much of a global sport as football or athletics right? It's definitely not a little family of former Imperial outposts indulging in an Imperial pastime, right?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate the idea of all the uniforms being colour swaps of the same design. I know it used to happen but I thought it was lame back then as well. Not all change is bad.

NZTailender

I hate the idea of all the uniforms being colour swaps of the same design. I know it used to happen but I thought it was lame back then as well. Not all change is bad.
I like World Cup uniforms being very different to regular designs, though. A chance to try something fun and bold for a one off tournament. A lot of the ones in this WC seem business as usual.