• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has anyone found any good value/interesting bets?

I like Joe Root to score more runs than Dhawan which pays $1.77. I would be amazed if Root doesnt win.

I also put a big $2 on the top runscorer from each team multi: Bairstow, de Kock, Hope, Imam Guptill KusalMendis Smith Rahmat Shakib Virat which will pay a cool $ 1.642 million when it comes off.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Srilanka VS Afganistan game is $1.90 for srilanka (same for afghan).
I think thats great odds for lanka, Despite struggling recently I'd back them to see off the Afghans.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On TAB it's paying $1.80 for the highest individual score of the tournament to be over 175.5. And it's paying $2.50 for a double ton to be scored

Both of those occurrences seem quite likely to me given the extreme length of the group stage plus the flat decks

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep $1.80 for 175.5 seems very good. Good luck with your 6 6s in an over at $66 too!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
2.9 on South Africa for today's match seemed pretty good to me yesterday.

I agree that 175.5+ 1.80 odd looks very enticing.

mr_mister

Yep $1.80 for 175.5 seems very good. Good luck with your 6 6s in an over at $66 too!
Thanks, that's a hail mary bet haha. Don't expect it to come off really.

$50 on someone to get over 175.5 is a different story. When was the last time that didn't happen in a WC?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No one scored above 175.5 in 2011. Sehwag scored the tournaments first century and he finished on 175. No one improved on that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bowling:

Archer Ngidi Shadab Holder Starc Sodhi Malinga Rashid Bumrah @132,000

Howe_zat

Audio File
Each side's chance of winning, as a percentage, according to bet365

Code:
England		29.18
India		23.34
Australia	17.51
New Zealand	8.75
South Africa	8.75
Pakistan	4.61
West Indies	4.61
Sri Lanka	1.31
Bangladesh	1.08
Afghanistan	0.87
Update - after 5 matches

Code:
England		31.23
India		19.84
Australia	19.09
New Zealand	9.54
West Indies	8.59
South Africa	4.09
Pakistan	2.96
Bangladesh	2.53
Sri Lanka	1.28
Afghanistan	0.85

Howe_zat

Audio File
It makes it easier to write an over/under line that has the same number, for the sake of easier to read cards and paired bets.

‘Over or under 175.5’ is just clearer and more efficient than ‘over 175, or 175 and under’.

stephen

Update - after 5 matches

Code:
England		31.23
India		19.84
Australia	19.09
New Zealand	9.54
West Indies	8.59
South Africa	4.09
Pakistan	2.96
Bangladesh	2.53
Sri Lanka	1.28
Afghanistan	0.85
Interesting to see India's chances go down after not playing a game yet.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly I think Australia has even less hope after the Afghanistan game than before it. Yeah he took 3 wickets, but the ease in which Zampa was targeted by Najibullah through the middle overs is yet another major cause for concern. Need him to operate more tightly than that