• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cricket League

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Actually thats exactly what I thought when I first joined. Then I played it. Trust me, WCC is awesome:D

Cloete

International Captain
bluespottyzebra said:
Back to my original comments, yep I haven't played the game yet but things I have noticed are that players are selected based on batting or bowling averages, players move about all over the shop between teams and there's no cash!

Its surely more fun if managers have to find out for themselves who's good and who's not when it comes to batting and bowling based on performance in the real word, not just statistics.

I like domestic teams to be representative of their nationalities and current real life line ups. Yes players can get transfered but not at the rate that seems to happen in World Club Cricket with drafts etc.

In game Cash helps for transfers to judge the respective value of players and rewards success.

Please don't think I'm criticising, I'm looking at the game as an outsider who hasn't played it and I probably will chnage my views once I get into it but I'm thinking of my 'dream' cricket sim, which would be a mirror of the real world.

thanks for reading

A hopeful England fan for the ashes!
I can undersand ENTIRELY where you're coming from. Basically everyone first thinks that, and quite often they trade for real players who might not necessarily be good. But that's not exactly what you want!

When WCC first started it was real, that must have been about 4 seasons ago. Every team had the correct players and everything, but to make the game more realistic the players retire and their averages cab drop or rise. So as time went on people retired, and for each retiree you get a rookie. And also two rookies per season (Which is what happens alot in real life anyway). Then trading was brought in because it just makes it more fun, also if you're limited and have a struggling team, how on earth are you ever going to build it up? So its sort of turned into an American Cricket Franchise League, but to tell you the truth, I LIKE IT!

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
We have also looked at money based trading systems but have not been able to agree on one.

14 academy teams is a lot. I think maybe too many. I never had more than 6 managers going at one time last season. I had to manage the rest. There are certainly more on the waiting list at the start this time though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ive already had the thumbs up from 11 managers Jason to take an academy side, theres still quite a few to get back to me, ill give them a few days and if they dont then they will miss out.
the reason theres so many teams is the amount of players, theres currently over 300 players in the pool, so we have to cut some dead wood to get it back to 280 and have 14 squads of 20 for the academy...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
ive already had the thumbs up from 11 managers Jason to take an academy side, theres still quite a few to get back to me, ill give them a few days and if they dont then they will miss out.
the reason theres so many teams is the amount of players, theres currently over 300 players in the pool, so we have to cut some dead wood to get it back to 280 and have 14 squads of 20 for the academy...

If you are short of managers try these guys, they might be interested:

gregoryjmcmullen@hotmail.com

or

martyn1021@hotmail.com

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bluespottyzebra said:
Any clues on when us academy managers will be given teams and games to play?

Can we name our own sides?
i am working on the files for the teams as we speak, if u want more details u can add me to ur msn if u have it, dcoulthardf1 @ hotmail.com

hjpar2

Cricket Spectator
Cricket academy

hey can any tell me about a cricket academy in england? or a club i can play for a couple of months?

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
1) Why dont you look and ask around
2) This probably isnt the thread you wanna be posting that in
3) Welcome to CW

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
You would be surprised how many emails i receive from people asking for me to help them get a club contract in another country...

They must just see the name World Club Cricket and think straight away that we do Club Contracts... I reckon i receive about 5-6 every year leading up to the English Summer and about the same or more leading up to the Aussie Summer..

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
You would be surprised how many emails i receive from people asking for me to help them get a club contract in another country...

They must just see the name World Club Cricket and think straight away that we do Club Contracts... I reckon i receive about 5-6 every year leading up to the English Summer and about the same or more leading up to the Aussie Summer..
Future business opportunity perhaps?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Blewy said:

Not you too mate, I get loads of these myself! People wanting to play for the Cricket Web Cricket Team! Perhaps I should start a thread with these emails :laugh: